Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 2 Years Out - Paying It Forward

It's been so long since I've been a regular on here. When I was in the throes of my journey I was addicted to this site and I honestly don't think I'd have been so successful had it not been for the wonderful advice and support I got from the group. Now I'm almost two years out. I hit a rocky road this year but everything is back to normal. I was almost part of the divorce statistic but we worked everything out and are actually stronger because we made it through something that seemed impossible. I can say I'm happily married and married to the man I met, only better. He is with me because he chooses to be, not because he has to be. I have confidence like never before. I feel beautiful and sexy in a way I never thought possible. I am modeling again. I weigh less than I can remember, have very little extra skin, and have found out what people mean when they say life begins at 40. I can wear whatever the hell I want and let me tell you, it's much shorter and much tighter and I feel GOOD in my clothes. I can honestly say I never hit what most people would refer to as a stall. There would be times when my loss would slow and pick up, but it didn't stop until my body wanted it to. My goal was 160 and I'm at 130. I wasn't really even trying to get that low. It's just what my body wanted. The one thing I did this whole time, and my #1 piece of advice is to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! Your body is going to tell you what it needs. Listen. There are no bad foods. There is balance and exercise. Working out changed my life. My personal trainer helped me change my body in ways I never thought possible. I went from a waist size 43 in the beginning to a present waist size of 26. I wore size 18/20. Now I'm a 2/4. I fluctuate between 130 - 135 and am totally happy with that. I'm horrible about water. I eat carbs. I've caught myself grazing but I broke my foot and ankle in 3 places on October 5th so I've been sitting on my formerly fat ass munching. That needs to stop and, unlike before, I know I can do it. Guys, if you do what your body says and think of this as a lifestyle instead of a diet, you will do well. I eat what I want when I want. I just want different things and MUCH less of them. There are things I know I can't tolerate. I can't eat rice or drink milk. Rice swells and milk sometimes makes me really sick to my stomach. I have stuck to most of the core rules. When I decided to get my sleeve, I made a commitment to change my life and I've surprisingly stuck to it. I'm so proud of myself. That's part of why my confidence has soared. I don't worry about breaking folding chairs. Social anxiety? Gone. I don't feel like the fattest girl in the room anymore. God I remember that feeling and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hated being so visible when I was at 248 but I love being so visible now for completely different reasons. I'm still the same old me when it comes down to it, but at the same time I'm completely different. The sexy, confident girl I always wanted to be but thought would be trapped forever in fat has been SET FREE and I love it!!
    So, in all this I guess what I am saying is that it IS possible. Don't give up. Your sleeve won't explode or expire. You don't have to kill yourself counting and tracking and dieting forever. Do your thing the way your body wants you to and it will all work out the way it's supposed to. And DO work out. As soon as you are ready. It changed my life.
    I'm posting a picture of me that compares me now to NYE 2013 at around 230, one of my modeling shots, and a pic of me on Halloween - I decided to be a brunette. The wig was fun!! The point is that I want to show you guys that IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU!! If I did it, anyone can.

God speed. If anyone has any questions I'm here. I want to help people as much as I was helped. I've been gone a long time but I'm going to make time for all of you again. PM me and I'll answer as soon as I can. Love to you all!

And Ann, you STILL rock. I've never forgotten about you and all of your inspirational words for a moment. And tinman's mantra is what I still live by. Just wanted to give you guys props. And props to everyone else who helped me along the way.
    Attached Images

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 Years Out - Paying It Forward

Sweet, cool, happy post, JessieJess.

I'm so happy to hear you're doing so very well and glad to see you back here.

I hope your ankle / foot heal very fast. I know you'll feed it good food.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/06/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 258 Times
    Was Thanked 113 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 177 Times
    Blog Entries

Amazing story, thank you for sharing. Gives us all inspiration!! Great job and you are a beautiful young lady!!

Surgery date
    11/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. John Marsden
    Last Activity
    10-08-2020 08:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

OMG! This was so inspiring to me. I haven't been on here in awhile myself and I am under my goal weight also. I would like to even get a little lower but weight loss has slowed waaaaaay down. I am now trying to just focus on exercising and turning this flab into firm.
    I pretty much eat what I want,but I do have a sweet tooth. I am trying really hard to cut back on the sugar. Even though I do not eat a lot, I do find myself snacking more than eating meals. Sometimes , that is just what is satisfying. I will eat popcorn or ritz crackers and feel fine, but when I try to eat chicken or some proteins I start feeling sick. I want to eat more protein ,but it is hard for me at times. I don't want to stress out about it as I have been successful,but it does worry me that I might start to gain weight back if I am not careful.

Great job with your success and keep posting on here, it really does help. Thanks!!

Gastric Sleeve Member Charity76's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/17/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Last Activity
    11-17-2015 11:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the post that's very inspiring and helpful !!I wish to have the same experience I am so excited ☆☆☆☆there is hope☆☆☆ I'm excited life begins at 40.
    I'm so happy for you and success.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. Abkin
    Last Activity
    10-23-2016 10:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 92 Times

Congrats that's really awesome progress you look amazing.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Gee
    Last Activity
    03-28-2018 05:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Thanks so much for sharing, it helps hearing from others who have been successful, and also your tips for success. Thank you!

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Hey Jess.....lol....I recognize the inside of that club. I've been there once....maybe twice......lol. I appreciate you mentioning my name, but in reality, all the credit goes to you. You took the steps to find out what works for your body and then you worked that plan like a boss.

For those that don't know, I believe in eating what I want, when I want, and made just the way I like it. I just don't over eat. Ever. I am fully, 100%, invested in the 80/64 and still am to this very day. The 80/64 is non negotiable. What's negotiable is how you get to your 80/64. Your plan, your results.

So, in a nutshell, I've learned how to eat like a normal person without gaining weight. I'm a sleever in a non sleeved world. I order off of the menu at restaurants and eat the protein and leave the rest. Took me awhile to wrap my brain around the notion of leaving 3/4 of my plate uneaten, but, once I did, I started enjoying going out to dinner and lunch again.

I've been at goal and maintaining for about two years now. I think I've got this licked. Have I gained weight since I got to goal. Yes. Did I freak out about it. Yes. But, since I made my own plan for how to lose the weight originally, I had the tools to drop the 10 lbs or so that I gained and here's the good news. The weight came off faster than I put it on.

As for the mantra....here it is.

You are not on a diet

Since you are not on a diet, you can't possibly be failing at a diet....again.

Carbs and fat are not the enemy. They are your friends.

Eat as much protein as your little pinkie sleeve can hold. 80 oz is optimal.

Drink as much WATER as possible. 64 oz is optimal. Not soda, tea, beer, wine, cocktails, Gatorade, protein shakes, etc. WATER, AGUA, H2O. You can have as much of that other stuff as you want, but, don't count it towards your 80/64. This is non negotiable.

Make a plan. Work your plan. Own your results. Change as needed.

You must never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever over eat......ever.

Thus endeth the mantra.

Good Job Jess.

11. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Duffy
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 313 Times in 256 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 270 Times
    Blog Entries

Sooooo happy to hear that you're doing well -except the ankle.
    You deserve all the best !

Name
    Glenn
    Surgery date
    12/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kim
    Last Activity
    01-05-2016 03:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Looking good. Have a happy life

Gastric Sleeve Member Boondocker's Avatar
    Name
    Dean
    Surgery date
    05/04/2015
    Last Activity
    08-18-2016 04:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

WOW, Jessie, your doing fantastic, and look absolutely amazing. I hope you ankle heals up quick. Keep up the great work. Dean

Gastric Sleeve Member Merry Mary's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    09/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr
    Said "Thanks" 166 Times
    Was Thanked 217 Times in 151 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 195 Times

What a great story. Thanks for sharing your success. Hope the ankle is better soon
    HW - 394
    SW - 366
    One year post op - 191
    Goal - 177 met 16 months post op
    Current - 174

220 lost since June 19, 2014

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/21/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia @ Ready 4 A Change in Tij, Mexico
    Last Activity
    11-04-2016 09:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tinman,

You were my inspiration 2 years ago and I need your inspiration now? 80/64 what's that? I did the protein way way up when I first started and it helped,I guess I just have not done what I was supposed to do, and I know I don't drink enough water, I realized instead of being hungry I was probably dehydrated. I am trying to up protein and really be conscience of my eating habits although i eat what I want....

protein first ..I forgot? no carbs for real,,,,, I have gone stupid on carbs so that explains why I have not lost. Ann2 says do what i was supposed to do after the sleeve. so here goes..l want 40 lbs off by summer June 2016

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/21/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia @ Ready 4 A Change in Tij, Mexico
    Last Activity
    11-04-2016 09:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes sis, your message has helped me look at everything I have done over my 20 months. I an grateful for what I have lost but I realized I have not lost the surgery made me loose, so obviously I dont know how to get it off still.....so during my 20n months I tried foods I could eat, and I did binge on carbs I aint gone lie....I still can eat only 3 bites of what ever but 2 hours later I can go back ...I have been drinking sweet tea, which I love, and occasional kool aide, but overall I have been juicing, salads, lot of green snacks and healthy 4-5 days a week, but weekends I rock it out.

Let me now how I can get it off and what about your work out you look like you work out a lot.