Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

want2be

The Brain game begins....

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery last Monday and I'm feeling pretty good. I still get a little tired but that's to be expected. I know I'm not hungry BUT I still want food! I'm on the water, broth and SF popsicles with SF jello. My family got hamburgers the other day and I wanted one. I know I'm not hungry but they still smelled great and the first I thought was that I wanted 1 too. How do you start reprogramming your brain to not want food? I walk thru the kitchen to do laundry and I want to eat something out of habit..... How did you break this vicious cycle??

Submit "The Brain game begins...." to Digg Submit "The Brain game begins...." to del.icio.us Submit "The Brain game begins...." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Brain game begins...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had my surgery last Wednesday and can relate to how you feel. Met with my doctor today. He old me it will get better onc e I'm on food. I thought I was starving , then could only eat half a can of soup. Our brains need to catch up with our new little bellies! Good luck!
    You cannot believe how much better it gets. I'm now on a chopped diet (two wks out of surgery today) and I eat 1/4 cup and am stuffed. It is wonderful to be able to eat some of the foods I love and feel so satisfied after so little. Of course there are foods I cannot go back to, because they are triggers. But that is part of learning to eat a new way. When do you go on full liquids? That will help.
    I go back to my Dr on Thursday and I know he's going to introduce me to some new things. I guess it's just knowing that all food right now is a huge NO-NO, it makes it that much more attractive. As I said... brain games! Thanks for the encouraging words!! It's always nice to know that you aren't alone!!