Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sweetpea903

Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!

Rate this Entry
Yeah, I made bone-in roasted chicken thighs and spaghetti for dinner tonight. My kitchen smelled HEAVENLY, my family loved every bite and I sat there drinking a shake.

I didn’t even lick spilled sauce off my fingers or swallow the pasta when I tested it for doneness.

It’s like I don’t know myself anymore.

Only ONE MORE DAY of these boring shakes (which are actually pretty good)!! I was so desperate for something salty that I swigged a can of low sodium chicken broth this afternoon. I found myself feeling lightheaded- as though my blood sugar had dropped quickly, so I said “Screw the rules! I’m having me some canned chicken broth! And what’s more, I’M GONNA DRINK THE WHOLE DAMN CAN! [Insert evil laugh here]”.

Yeah. I’m a badass. You know it.

For real, though. My biggest (immediate) fear is that I’ll pass out on the way to my surgery on Thursday morning. It’s a two hour drive and I can’t eat anything...luckily hubby is driving me.

I went grocery shopping for the rest of my supplies today. Bought some Cream of Wheat, hummus, and low-fat cream soups. What I REALLY wanted was a deep dish pizza with a side of pork shoulder.

Y’all keep saying that it gets better, so for once I’m going to believe what a stranger on the internet tells me.

Besides, I need to believe that it’s true.

Submit "Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!" to Digg Submit "Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I only had to do 3 days of liquids pre op and I was sooooo freaking glad when they were over. Post op was easy because I really didn't want anything.
    The tin of broth would have been great!!! Nearly there! Plus you're gonna look super cute and avoid the diabetes and all that shamoz :-)
    Hang in there. Not long to go now. Exciting!
    A long pre-op diet is the worst! I did it at a friend's lakehouse watching everyone eat gourmet meals and drinking fancy wine. But that trip I didn't dare wear a swimsuit, sat around sweating in capris and a T-shirt, and now I look good in a bathing suit. I wear them in PUBLIC! So a tiny part of your life with a little difficulty, for an amazing entire life where you are healthy and smaller - PRICELESS. So just keep your eye on the prize, it is SO WORTH IT!

Good luck!
    I second srabaer's comment, keep the big picture in your mind. Do a vision board, fantasize about how you want it to be after surgery and it's really all worth it in the end; plus your liver is thanking you for being on such a stringent pre op diet
    Continued success!