Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

niamh

Exercise NSV

Rate this Entry
Today I completed a 5k charity event that I did last year as well. It is fundraising for cancer research and there are hundreds of these events held around the country through the summer.

Last year I completed in 43:29 and I was a little over my goal weight at that time. THAT was an achievement compared to the 60minute finish time when I'd walked a 5k the December before, about 10 weeks after surgery. Here was my blog post after the race last year;
http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...ck-me-out.html

Today I completed the 5k in 35:30, 8 minutes faster than last year. I've been training with some regularity over the past year, with a period out over the winter due to injury. Now I'm signed up to an 8 week online coaching to get to a 10k distance, and have signed up to a 10k event in 3 months' time. Yikes!

I do think that being active is such a help to me in maintaining my healthy weight. I don't think about it in terms of calorie burning - but just in terms of keeping me healthy and strong. I find I feel like eating healthier when I'm active as well.

Anyway, here are some photos of me from the race today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	19524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	19525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	19526

Submit "Exercise NSV" to Digg Submit "Exercise NSV" to del.icio.us Submit "Exercise NSV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Exercise NSV" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow! Just wow!
    Congrats!
    Wow that's great, so there is hope of finishing quicker, thanks so much
    Congratulations! I am signed up for a 5k in September after finishing one in May, but most importantly as a stepping stone to the 10k in Disney World in January! You are an inspiration
    Awesome!