Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

1. Almost down 130 Pounds!

I got on the scale this morning and nearly went into shock! I haven't been this low a weight since 1977... I am 4 pounds away from what I weighed walking down the aisle when I got married... and I was thin back then. I am thin now and have to do double takes, still, when I see the scale numbers or see myself in the mirror.

I have stuck to my new way of eating and have allowed myself to have a scoop of ice cream here and there, and occasionally I will have bread or something I don't ...
  2. Quick Update

Doing very well. Had surgery 2 years, 2 months ago, and have lost 127 pounds! I was thrilled at losing 100 pounds but its still coming off. I haven't weighed this since high school. I don't regret having the VSG at all, and I struggled in the beginning... boy did I.
  3. It's been A While.

Hello! It's been a while since I have been on here. Life happens.
    It was two years ago this month, December 2016, when my life changed. I began the pre-op diet and 3 months later I had the VSG surgery done.
    I got to admit, I had some real struggles those first few months after... no food tasted good, I was in starvation mode, I couldn't drink enough water like I had pre-surgery. But, 6 months after surgery I had dropped 102 pounds.
    I had been walking daily since a month after ...
  4. You're As Young As You feel

I went into this weight loss adventure to FEEL good and get off all the obesity related drugs. I have MS; and RA; and fibromyalgia. With that said, schlepping an extra 100 pounds was the pits! I heard "lose weight and you'll feel better". Duh. I tried for years and would drop and gain and drop again, only to regain everything plus more.

So, having this done last March (2017), my goal was to lose the weight, lose the medications I had to take for high blood pressure and ...
  5. One Year Surgiversary!

Hello fellow sleevers and soon-to-be-sleevers! It's been a while since I have been on here.
    Yesterday, March 24, 2018 was my 1st anniversary of having the sleeve surgery. What a year it has been. I lost 102 pounds by September 2017 and once I began increasing my caloric intake due to the zumba classes, jogging and walking I do faithfully each week (and honestly, I needed some carbs), I gained back a few pounds and have been holding steady. I have lost 4-5 dress sizes and am no longer the ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast