Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. One week Post Op Dr appt today

Had my one week appointment today. All is going very well. Incisions are healing properly, pain is lessening, no nausea, and weight is dropping. I was surprised that I came home a few pounds heavier than when I left but they did fill me up with fluids. Makes sense I just did not expect it. Moving on to the stage two diet now. Pureed everything! Fortunately I have an uncle who cooks everything from scratch and he has taken my diet and started making me soups. He is freezing them in 1/2 cup ...
  2. Home from the hospital

Now that I am home I can write a post. The surgery went well. While they were in there they also repaired a paraesphageal hernia. Everything went well with no complications. I was walking an hour and a half after the procedure. The only problem that I encountered was due to the anesthesia. My bladder was not "waking up" and I ended up having a catheter the first night. Fortunately I was able to void this evening so that I could be released to go home. I am still finding myself ...
  3. Show Time

I am off for my surgery! Check back with you all when I get out of the hospital.
  4. Surgery on Monday

Finally jumped the last hurdle and the surgery is a go. My preop blood test showed low vitamin D and hyperthyroidism. My Primary Care Physician wanted me to see an endocrinologist so I made an appointment for Feb 6. My surgery was scheduled for Feb 9. Surgeon decided that he needed a release from the endocrinologist before he would do the surgery. I had an hour from the end of my appointment to get his office to call before my surgeons office closed. Fortunately the planets aligned and all ...