I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    08-15-2016 08:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 98 Times
    Was Thanked 71 Times in 62 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 696 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Round Two.

Tomorrow it will be 9 weeks out from having my circumferential body lift with muscle wall repair. I am happy with the results and excited everyday with my achievements over the past couple of years.
    I am still getting use to this new look. The swelling will continue for a few months. It comes and goes throughout the day depending on how active I have been during the day.

Tomorrow will be another big day. I am super excited.
    I will be starting the next step of my body make-over. I am having my breast-lift. This is the 1st stage of my breast procedures.
    I have sever ptosis of the breast. After my lift heals completely, my surgeon will place implants. I was hoping he could do it at the same time, but in my case it is better not to. At first I was really disappointed, but this is best for me, and I will have a better results in the long run.

The 2nd stage will be scheduled sometime in the early spring. I will also be having brachioplasty, (arm lift) at the same time the breast implants are placed.

Here is a good description of the why 2-stage breast procedures will be better for myself and others who have lost massive weight and have little to no breast tissue left as a result.
    For those who are interested in reading. It is a little long, but very interesting.
    Medical notes:
    When a mastopexy is performed on top of a breast augmentation, the following risks of the augmentation increase. There is an increased risk of infection because there is more soft-tissue rearrangement over the top of the implant. There is an increased risk of implant exposure because there is, again, more soft-tissue rearrangement with more incisions over the top of the implant. There is an increased risk of loss of nipple sensation because of the required simultaneous soft-tissue surgery around the nipple. There is an increased risk of malposition of the nipple because the nipple is moved at the same time the implant is placed; the nipple may wind up being too high, or even too low, in relation to the implant. There is an increased risk of malposition of the implant relative to the overlying breast because, as the implant is placed, the entire breast may be repositioned by the mastopexy. The implant may wind up being below the inframammary fold and the inframammary incision, or it may wind up being above the center of the breast and well above the inframammary fold. All these risks are increased when a mastopexy is added to a breast augmentation. The increased risk associated with the mastopexy when an augmentation is performed at the same time. Whereas a mastopexy is designed to reposition the nipple, reshape the breast, and reduce the skin envelope, an augmentation by definition enlarges the volume of the breast and expands the skin envelope. This sets up a competition that can ultimately lead to the disaster of insufficient soft tissue or skin being left after the mastopexy to cover the implant that has just been placed. This is made even more serious because not only are the soft tissue and the breast skin put under tension to some degree by implant placement but also the creation of a space for the implant devascularizes the soft tissues of the breast while at the same time stressing them. The larger the implant is and the wider the dissection, the greater the risk of devascularization of the central breast. This is especially true with subglandular positioning as compared with subpectoral placement. The risk of nipple loss would therefore be expected to be significantly greater with augmentation and mastopexy as compared with mastopexy alone. Similarly, there would be an increased risk of loss of either the mastopexy skin flaps around the areola or those that join below the areola in a vertical or transverse seam. Again, there is increased risk of loss of sensation to the nipple because of the combination of soft-tissue rearrangement and undermining of the breast off the chest wall. The potential for malposition of the nipple is likewise aggravated by the placement of an implant that is to some extent even more unpredictable in terms of its final position than is the position of the breast itself. Thus the nipple after augmentation and mastopexy may well wind up either too high or too low as compared with the breast mound, which after augmentation is in large part now the implant. In all likelihood, the scars will also be worse after an augmentation and mastopexy as compared with after a mastopexy alone because of the increased tension associated with implant placement.

The surgery center is going to get to know me pretty well over the next year. They should just have a room with my name on it!
    I will have one final procedure for my thighs next fall if everything goes as planned. I can not wait to get through all of this.
    I am in it for the long haul.
    Thank you for listening
    9 more hours to go. I hoping I can fall asleep tonight.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    09/25/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Miles
    Last Activity
    11-24-2015 02:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Round Two.

Congratulations and Good luck! I bet you'll look and feel amazing!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Ms. Jupiter's Avatar
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milesguy View Post
    Congratulations and Good luck! I bet you'll look and feel amazing!
    Thank you Milesguy.
    Congratulations to you too! You're two months out and you're so close to your goal weight. That is pretty amazing! Are you working out everyday?
    Whatever you are doing, your hard work is paying off.

I feel amazing after losing all my weight. I am very pleased with my new stomach and bellybutton. For the first time in my life I have
    a flat stomach, which is an odd feeling. I am still getting use to all the changes.

Today went really well. I feel fine, other than being a little sore, tired and a little loopy. I had zero complications and the surgical team was wonderful.
    I checked in a little early and went home at 3:00pm.

Thank you again.I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all this information. It's very interesting.

And congrats on the success of your first surgery. I send you wishes for future plastics success.

I'm very impressed with your commitment and courage to make all these changes.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Ms. Jupiter's Avatar
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    Thanks for all this information. It's very interesting.

And congrats on the success of your first surgery. I send you wishes for future plastics success.

I'm very impressed with your commitment and courage to make all these changes.
    Thank you Ann2.
    I am recovering now. My breast lift procedure went well, with one little glitch.
    I woke up Tuesday morning to find the left side was swollen a lot more than the right side. It was also hard to the touch. I sent pictures over to the surgeon.
    He had me come right in to see what was happening. I ended up back in surgery yesterday for a hematoma evacuation. It was fairly quick, it only took him a little over an hour including my prep time. But I still had to go through another surgery that I was not planning on.
    It looks and feels much better today other than the bruising.
    I was not expecting to have any complications at all with my breast lift, considering the big procedure went so smoothly. It just goes to show you, that you never know what can happen.

I have a few months to think about it, but I might decide to just have very small natural breasts, and skip the implants all together.
    I am liking the shape right now but still might want a little more once the healing is complete and all the swelling is gone.
    I have always thought I would never have implants and would rather be smaller. Going from that, to thinking I really want them to look "normal" after the weight loss, and now thinking I am not sure if I want them or not.
    There is always that risk having something foreign in the body. It's a lot to think about.

Thank you for replying. It's great having people to talk to.
    The commitment is easier than the courage. I am actually a big chicken sh!t, but I try not to think about what is happening, or going to be until I am in the operating room.

I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving.

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents