Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

oompaloompa

HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!

Rate this Entry
Hello fellow sleevers!

I'm four weeks two days post op and have begun to have horrible acid reflux (that BURN in my throat...reflux, right?). I'm taking two tsp of Gaviscon Extra every 2-3 hours and have gone back to a liquid diet, cut out citrus and any acidic food. I seem to get it when I drink water. Any advice? Help! I'm dying!

Submit "HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!" to Digg Submit "HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!" to del.icio.us Submit "HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!" to StumbleUpon Submit "HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Prilosec twice a day. That is what my doctor says to do.
    Prilosec twice a day. That is what my doctor says to do. Check with your doctor. You poor thing, that is so uncomfortable. I hope you get better real soon!
    Okay...I didn't include that I am taking two prilosec a day. I've tried taking them at the same time and then one in the morning and one in the evening. I think it's time to see my doc. I'm sleeping in a chair right now, and it's starting to wear on me.
    I was prescribed Nexium and it didn't work for me.. Tried Prilosec and it didn't work for me either... I now take a generic over the counter med for Heartburn and Reflux and chew on Tums when needed and it's working. I still get heartburn every now and again but it's tolerable and the ONLY issue I have had with my surgery. Like you, there are no specific trigger foods and I can get it when drinking water as well. I am 5 1/2 months out and I still deal with it but I am also 95lbs down so in my eyes it's a small price to pay for my success!! Try chewing on Tums for more of an instant relief.

Good Luck!!!
    Unfortunately I had this problem for years and tried everything over the counter until nothing worked. Earlier this year mY doctor prescribed Prevacid once per day and now I can eat or drink anything without worrying about that burn. Sounds like its time to talk to your doctor
    Nexium once a day does it for me. No problems at all. Have to break the capsule in applesause, but no heartburn.
    I take a 40mg pill of nexium.. nexium worked better for me then Prilosec did.
    Hi from the UK. My Doctor prescribed Omeprazole capsules which seem to do the trick.
    I take omeprazole also..It really works for me..If it's really bad I open the pill and chew the little balls up and swallow that way.
    I had the same issues in the beginning. My 1 yr anniversary is this week. A food journal has helped me tremendously. The reflux has pretty much gone away if I avoid the foods that are the worst. On occasion a couple of tums will do the trick now. Wallgreens had a liquid magnesium that also helped for me , it was the same stuff they gave me in Mexico, it tastes like chalk but it has worked for me.
    Hang in there it might pass before you know it.