Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimmi1981

Been told to eat more... Urrrggghhhh

Rate this Entry
Hey Guys!

Had my follow up appointment yesterday with my surgeon and nurse.
Both really happy with progress, have now lost 39lb in 5 weeks which im really happy with.
However they both think I should be eating more..
I really struggle to eat what i am already eating, so dont know how to eat anymore..
This is what a typical day would look like for me...

Morning - Weetabix (Only manage to eat around 3/4, can never finish)
Mid morning - Light babybell
Lunch - 3 to 4 pieces of quorn chicken in gravy
Afternoon snack - Fat free yoghurt
Dinner - 1 Egg scrambled with cheese

The if i can squeeze in later in the evening I will have a yoghurt or cheese string.

Looking at it, it does look ridiculously small! haha

Anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do to get more food in..?
I already feel like im continuously eating (Man I used to love doing that b4 the sleeve!)

I did ask my surgeon if he removed 95% of my stomach instead of the 80% but he just gave me a funny look haha! Ooops!

Any help or suggestions would be fab xxx

Submit "Been told to eat more... Urrrggghhhh" to Digg Submit "Been told to eat more... Urrrggghhhh" to del.icio.us Submit "Been told to eat more... Urrrggghhhh" to StumbleUpon Submit "Been told to eat more... Urrrggghhhh" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doctor told me to eat more also. She said to add a shake somehow during the day to get in the extra calories.
    I would maybe choose a softer protein in the morning to jump start your body either in addition to your usual breakfast or instead of. I find if I have a strong protein filled breakfast, I feel like I have more energy. I also get more calories in. I have eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, bites (eggs, ham, and cheese mini quiche) sometimes a protein shake with some frozen fruit added. That will give you protein and fiber.
    I agree with julesdeck. Something in the morning that's a softer protein might help. Eggs are great and yogurt. I used nuts often as a "filler" in the beginning. I found it hard to eat more, but I listened to my stomach and it does get easier to eat a little more down the road. Continued success!
    I make protein shakes and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup cottage cheese to thicken it and pack in the protein and some frozen fruit. I usually make a big one and divide it up morning and evening
    Brilliant - Thanks guys for the suggestions! x