Stephenson
    Last Activity
    07-27-2018 07:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 2 days post op

Hello!
    Why am I starting to feel hungry for junky foods (hamburgers, pizza, etc) after only two days after surgery?
    This worries me greatly!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 days post op

It may be because thats what you're used to?? Don't worry, your brain will eventually catch up! In the meantime sip, sip, sip and rejoice!!! :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Özgür
    Surgery date
    06/28/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yasar OZDENKAYA
    Last Activity
    07-03-2020 02:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

My 22. day sometimes i want them but not much. Just try to keep up with your diet and time them really well so your body will accept it one day. I feel a little bit weird hunter center under of my ribs i think its my little stomach xd im glad i have 6 meals per day.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Really? I didn't even think about food 2 days after surgery. Sounds like your brain playing tricks on you. And definitely don't eat anything you shouldn't now or you could end up in the hospital with a messed up stomach.

Get your mind in the game, it's fun! You'll probably be on liquids for two weeks, but after that I had fun shopping for each week's new food additions. I walked. If you are new to walking, start slow and build up distance over time. Replace those negative thoughts (the eating crap ones that got you fat) to positive thoughts (the follow the program and you will be healthy and smaller in the blink of an eye). It is SO exciting!

Now I would take measurements. Keep a journal to be sure you are getting in your required liquid and protein. I also journaled my weight once a week. All part of the fun! As you lose weight, keep just one thing (I kept a pair of Capri pants) that you can try on later. More fun! (I could fit 2 legs into one). Maybe journal some of the things you want to do when you are smaller, sort of a sleeve "bucket list."

And don't even get me started on how much fun it is to shop for clothes in regular stores like a regular person!! (I keep showing hubby the tag that says "8". He doesn't get it. I tell him the tags used to say "22.")

Best of luck to you, I know you'll do great!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member The North Sleeve's Avatar
    Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    04/20/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Luthra
    Last Activity
    01-23-2019 05:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 79 Times in 63 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 266 Times
    Blog Entries

In my opinion it's the mind games that are taking over, which is one of the most important things to be able to conquer in this journey. Your mind will play tricks on you and tell you that you want to eat things you shouldn't. You need to stand up to your mind and be stronger so you don't go back to your old eating habits. I found this to be the most difficult to deal with at first and once you were able to not listen to that it all goes real smooth. Hope this helps?? Best of luck to you!!
    The North Sleeve (youtube channel) Come view my journey

Click Here >>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA9...J4yMqFXxkl6WzA

VSG Surgery April 20, 2018
    Height 6'2
    High Weight 354 lbs
    Surgery Weight 333 lbs

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Amanda
    Surgery date
    10/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher Eagan
    Last Activity
    11-27-2020 12:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts

My brain wanted those foods. Physically, I didn't. I'm 9 months out and I still don't. My brain will say "Wendy's hamburger, please!" But I know it will just end up making me sick so that's what deters me.

I can't do glutenous carbs like pancakes, waffles, biscuits, bread, pasta, etc. Makes me feel pretty sick. Same with fried foods or high sugar foods. I know they say you don't get dumping syndrome with the sleeve, but when I was on vacation last month I had a few sips of a pina colada along with a few fried pickle chips. I was in the bathroom for half an hour shaking, sweating, feeling like I was going to die.

It's still a struggle. My brain and my taste buds want those foods, but my negative experiences with those foods after surgery have been bad enough that I remember and stay away!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Mind hunger. Give yourself time. You do need to start to wrap your mind around a healthy eating mentality, though. To be honest you can eat around your sleeve if you eat crappy foods versus healthy protein and veggies. You have to remember why you did this.