Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-03-2018 07:54 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question New- researching GS in Tj

I am a 5’3”,208 female who just turned 55. I have been researching Gastric sleeve Doctors & Hospital’s in Tijuana, Mexico. I am Hope to get info from post op GS patients about good & bad facilities, Dr.,pricing, hotels, post op experiences, & post op do’s & Don’ts. Especially info about guaranteed procedures, medical tourism insurance that is included, hidden cost you may have had. I guess I’m looking for the SAFEST best care for least amount possible since i am paying for this. I have found OCC, ReNew bariatrics, Trinity medical group. Several things on Doctors. Really like to hear more. This is very scary for me. I am doing this to get my life back so I can enjoy my kids & grandkids. I want to be able to move without getting tired & having to sit. I hate to watch everyone else have fun.
    I will probably have surgery in mid June because I work in the school system & worry that returning to work with a special needs student I constantly have to hold onto to keep them from running around the room or away & tug to get them to stand up will cause a problem during the early healing process. I can only take off a week at best so June seems the logical time.
    Any & all suggestions along with good & bad experiences would help me make an informed educated decision.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this & reply if you choose to. —Sheila
    Ps you may also reply to my email sheilascouponjunk(at) gmale

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New- researching GS in Tj

Welcome Sheila! Hopefully you get the info from the Mexico sleevers on here. Good luck with your decision.

Gastric Sleeve Member WandaGettinFit4life's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Wanda
    Surgery date
    06/19/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Hernandez
    Last Activity
    06-06-2019 12:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New- researching GS in Tj

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila55 GsNTj View Post
    I am a 5’3”,208 female who just turned 55. I have been researching Gastric sleeve Doctors & Hospital’s in Tijuana, Mexico. I am Hope to get info from post op GS patients about good & bad facilities, Dr.,pricing, hotels, post op experiences, & post op do’s & Don’ts. Especially info about guaranteed procedures, medical tourism insurance that is included, hidden cost you may have had. I guess I’m looking for the SAFEST best care for least amount possible since i am paying for this. I have found OCC, ReNew bariatrics, Trinity medical group. Several things on Doctors. Really like to hear more. This is very scary for me. I am doing this to get my life back so I can enjoy my kids & grandkids. I want to be able to move without getting tired & having to sit. I hate to watch everyone else have fun.
    I will probably have surgery in mid June because I work in the school system & worry that returning to work with a special needs student I constantly have to hold onto to keep them from running around the room or away & tug to get them to stand up will cause a problem during the early healing process. I can only take off a week at best so June seems the logical time.
    Any & all suggestions along with good & bad experiences would help me make an informed educated decision.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this & reply if you choose to. —Sheila
    Ps you may also reply to my email sheilascouponjunk(at) gmale
    Hi Sheila! There is actually a group I joined called Mexico Sleevers. There should be plenty of folks there with great information. I am scheduled for 6/4 in TJ with Dr. Hernandez and I am going through Weightloss Agents. I still have lots of questions but between the folks in the groups and the agency they are getting answered. Good Luck!