Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What are the worst things about the sleeve?

The worst thing about the sleeve........

Hmmmmmmmmmm....... I am losing tons of weight, I feel wonderful, I am able to wear things I haven't worn in forever... I am learning to fuel my body instead of mindlessly eating. People are noticing my changes and life is pretty darn good.... I really don't have any "worst" experiences!!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sabrina
    Surgery date
    02/09/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villarreal
    Last Activity
    03-05-2018 06:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

That is so awesome now I wish I would have went to Mexico and had it done because my insurance is nothing but crap so I'm going to go back to Mexico and have it done this time congratulations

Gastric Sleeve Member Sarcastic_Bard's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/29/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Vierra
    Last Activity
    01-23-2018 01:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 111 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 168 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 448 Times

The basic heartburn in the beginning and the big throat/chest pain when I ate too fast in the beginning (only took one episode of that to remind me to slow down!) were the worst physical things.

Honestly, the biggest or worst issue for me is seeing how I am now and looking back on how I used to be before the sleeve, eating and exercise changes; the portions I ate, never taking care of myself or getting to the doctor, the tons and tons of Diet Cherry Coke Zero I drank instead of water. Even just seeing someone else's platter they order in a restaurant can remind me of how much I used to eat; it makes me incredibly regretful that I spent so long like that. Of course, it also reminds me of how hard I've worked and how far I've come. But there are still times where we are out to dinner and a server walks by with a pizza for another table; I inwardly cringe and think Oh God, I would have gone all day without eating, ordered that pizza to go after work and shamefully eaten the entire thing alone in my house.

So I guess the worst issue for me is embarrassment when I remember life before my sleeve and lifestyle changes.

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic_Bard View Post
    The basic heartburn in the beginning and the big throat/chest pain when I ate too fast in the beginning (only took one episode of that to remind me to slow down!) were the worst physical things.

Honestly, the biggest or worst issue for me is seeing how I am now and looking back on how I used to be before the sleeve, eating and exercise changes; the portions I ate, never taking care of myself or getting to the doctor, the tons and tons of Diet Cherry Coke Zero I drank instead of water. Even just seeing someone else's platter they order in a restaurant can remind me of how much I used to eat; it makes me incredibly regretful that I spent so long like that. Of course, it also reminds me of how hard I've worked and how far I've come. But there are still times where we are out to dinner and a server walks by with a pizza for another table; I inwardly cringe and think Oh God, I would have gone all day without eating, ordered that pizza to go after work and shamefully eaten the entire thing alone in my house.

So I guess the worst issue for me is embarrassment when I remember life before my sleeve and lifestyle changes.
    I can totally relate! It BLOWS MY MIND "now" to think just how much I used to eat every single day. I was stuffing myself out of every emotion under the sun but not from "hunger"... I was always stuffed. The sleeve is definitely a wonderful RESET for your entire being. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to make a change like this in my life!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member Sarcastic_Bard's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/29/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Vierra
    Last Activity
    01-23-2018 01:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 111 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 168 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 448 Times

Oh, I did actually think of something that is physically the worst part for me. I've lost so much weight that I have no fat "cushion" for my tailbone and it hurts to sit on hard surfaces...or sit anywhere for any extended length of time. I have a special pillow I have to use for long car rides and plane rides! My butt hurts right now, actually.

GigiUSA, someone walked by my office today with a bag of McDonalds and I winced at my desk, suddenly seeing with perfect clarity a moment pre-sleeve when I inhaled like two large size McDonald's meals while I watched The Biggest Loser, of all things. *shudders*

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents