08/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Genaw
    Last Activity
    08-10-2017 08:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default All most done qualifying for my gastric sleeve!

I haven't posted much on the forum because I have been busy qualifying for surgery by my insurance requirements. Six months of appointments are required, so it has kept me busy. On June 1, I will have my last appointment to qualify. At that point, then I can call my surgeon and request a date for surgery. I have a mix of feelings at this point. I am excited to be near the end of the crusade to prove to doctors that I will be compliant and need the surgery. I have lost 30 pounds and trying to lose a total of 45 pounds to make the surgery as easy on all parties involved.

I was doing well with my weight loss until hitting a wall 2 weeks ago. Some thing that I struggle with reared its ugly head (bipolar disorder) that causes me to make some really bad decisions and I started eating like it didn't matter. I am back on track and hope to make my goal by July 1, though my appointments are done on June 1. Going through insurance has proven to me how much I want it. After all I have done (Losing weight, multiple appointments and lots of exercise) to prepare, it has shown me that it is what I really want. I scheduled a vacation to occur before surgery since I will make sure that I can eat a few things that I will not be able to after surgery.

Feeling excited and nervous since I have been researching and doing everything for over 2 1/2 years. I want to jump on the table on one hand and want to run the other direction on the other. Since my health comes first, I realize that it is a 51/49 percent thing and surgery wins out! Will start reading and posting now, to help with the mental component also. I look forward to hearing other points of view on this process and what post surgical life is.0"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All most done qualifying for my gastric sleeve!

Welcome JF! This surgery is amazing! I also went through insurance and it took me about 6 1/2 months. I am so glad that I did it! I was so eager to get my insurance requirements out of the way and nervous that maybe I would not get the approval. Once I got the approval I was extremely excited and the 9 day wait for surgery was here before I knew it. And now that I have had the surgery the 6 months post op have flown by. It has been an emotional high!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Brad Watkins
    Last Activity
    01-06-2021 03:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 160 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 149 Times

Default Re: All most done qualifying for my gastric sleeve!

Congratulations for coming as far as you have and losing so much weight pre-surgery! I only lost about 5lbs before surgery. I too had to do 6 months of supervised weight loss, and had to get a few medical clearances, so it took me about 9 months total. Don't worry about falling off track, just get back up and keep chugging on! You can do this. Best of luck to you!