Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-08-2018 11:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Questions

Hi, I had my surgery about 6 months ago and have a couple questions for those who have also had the surgery.. 1) did you experience hair loss/shedding in drastic amounts? 2) how have your moods stayed? I find myself feeling a bit depressed although I have so much to be happy about. I'm aware it could be my hormones and such, but curious if others have experienced it. 3) anyone have crazy painful gas bubbles that get stuck? (Started about 3 weeks ago)

Thanks everyone!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions

I am 6 months out today. Hair loss. Absolutely. My hair loss lasted around 2 months of heavy loss. I was loosing globs for a while. Now it has slowed down. I take 10,000 mcg of biotin 2x a day and that seems to have helped. But it does make you have to shave your legs and pits more frequently. As for depression, I have not. I have actually been on a emotional high for pretty much the whole post op. I do not get gas bubbles but in the beginning I would get a pain like something was having a hard time going down. Maybe it is the same thing?? Does not happen so much any more. I do still get a few large hiccups after eating if I eat too quickly. But not like regular hiccups where they last a long time. Kind of hard to explain. If you are feeling sad or depressed I would suggest speaking to someone. It could definitely be a hormone imbalance.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Brad Watkins
    Last Activity
    01-06-2021 03:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 160 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 149 Times

Default Re: Questions

Hi,
    I am only a few weeks post-op, but I wanted to weigh in (pun intended) on this
    I had really bad hiccups the first week or so after surgery. I still get a lot of burping when I eat. And when I am eating something really good, I notice that my tummy really growls! LOL. Thankfully, I haven't noticed any hair loss yet. But my hair is really thick and curly, so if it thins some it shouldn't be too bad. But, I have heard really good things about Biotin!
    I've battled with depression for years. Try not to ignore the symptoms too long. I love my anti-depressants. They have helped so much and sometimes when they don't work as well, a switch to something new can make all the difference. Hang in there

5. Said thanks: