04/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-18-2017 11:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question I need some recommendations. PLEASE!!

I have to decide who i want to use and soon. I only have a short window to have surgery done. My job will not allow me to be out but a week.
    I have talked to WLA and Dr. Hernandez would do my surgery. I can not find updated information on him. the WLA site has great testimonies but I don't believe anything I see on their own site. I have also talked to MBC and Dr. Ponce would do my surgery there...once again I see reviews but they are old and I realize things may change.

I heard Hernandez does many many surgeries in a day while Ponce only does six. Now if that is really true I have no idea. I do like that using Dr. Ponce I will be staying an extra night in the hospital versus the hotel which gives me a little more comfort. They both seem to cover the same things as far as the package goes, unless i am missing something.....which could possible be the case.

For those that have had the surgery do you think a week after surgery is not enough time to recover. I drive fro a living so it isn't hard work. I mainly sit on my rear.

Also what all do they send you home with? pain meds, Antibiotics, cleaning spray for the wound? I have read that some send you with nothing and i have read some say they were given an aftercare bag that had everything you needed in it. I need to know what all I need to bring or if I need to make sure to have a lot of extra money to bring to buy those items.

Any other information anyone could share would be a great help. At this point there are so many doctors and companies that my head is spinning. I know WLA is a lot cheaper and i am POOR! lol I also don't wasn't to compromise my health just to save a few extra bucks but I also can not afford a place that charges an extra thousand or more either. this is something I have been wanting to do but fiances have never been an option and I am now at the point where if I don't have the surgery I am not going to live long enough to see my youngest baby grow up. So i have to do what i have to do but I still have to feed my kids.

Thank you!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Forrester
    Last Activity
    03-24-2018 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 333 Times in 251 Posts

Default Re: I need some recommendations. PLEASE!!

I have no experience with surgery out of the country. I had it in NJ. I didn't go home from the hospital with anything but a print out of instructions. I didn't need anything. No pain meds, etc.

Surgery Day Weight 1/11: 300
    Month 1: -34 pounds, -25 inches

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at Obesity Control Center. International Center of Excellence and Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence. Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Proctored dozens of US and Canadian surgeons in laproscopic technique. 16,000+ bariatric surgeries with a complication rate lower than US average. Uses FDA approved supplies and equipment. Provides one on one care and attention because he does no more than 5 surgeries/day. I had a very easy, pain free recovery. In house dietician, cardiologist and followup Doctor. Excellent communication directly with OCC and staff, not a third party medical tourism company. I STILL get emails from them, even 3 years out.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/18/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-18-2017 11:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz at Obesity Control Center. International Center of Excellence and Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence. Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Proctored dozens of US and Canadian surgeons in laproscopic technique. 16,000+ bariatric surgeries with a complication rate lower than US average. Uses FDA approved supplies and equipment. Provides one on one care and attention because he does no more than 5 surgeries/day. I had a very easy, pain free recovery. In house dietician, cardiologist and followup Doctor. Excellent communication directly with OCC and staff, not a third party medical tourism company. I STILL get emails from them, even 3 years out.
    Thank you. I decided to look them up. I got information. the doctor seems good. I just hate that the price is over 2000 more than anyone else i looked at plus they dont even provide after care meds,that will cost an extra 200 plus they also only allow 1 night at the hospital.

Maybe i need to put off surgery for a much later date so i can save more.

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

They also provided 3 nights at the Marriott for my sister and I. And you stay at the surgical center as long as you need to, it's just that one night is usually all you need. Unlimited postop support from nut and doctors. Their operation is based on quality, not quantity.

The biggest thing is to assess what qualities are important to you and then find the surgeon and facility that meets your criteria.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents