Dr Maytorena
    Last Activity
    12-09-2016 05:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery was yesterday in Mexico

My Longterm Vsg:
    I joined many forums, haunted many a YouTube video and about 3 weeks ago I said this is for me. I decided to go with Lsvg after several videos that a woman put up if the recovery house and other aspects of this place. I picked a day that was discounted for 2999. Contacted Rubin and paid my $300 and picked 10/11/16. I am one that makes up my mind and go for it. We booked our flight and decided to stay and park at a hotel close by to ensure we did not miss our flight and if had to pay to park might as well pay little extra to stay by airport. We flew if of New Orleans and when we got to Dallas we realized we left our cashier checks on the desk in the hotel. Total panic mode called chase bank they cannot stop payment you have to go into branch. Called hotel she went up and got them I asked about overnighting them and emailed Rubin in a panic and got onto flight. Landed and Annette Pardo picked up 5 of us. 4 having surgery 1 a support . It was in a new GMC SUV . She took me to the bank and eased my worries and said we will figure this out. Chase does cancel cashiers check but a lot of hoops and not immediate. So Annette said have them overnighted to us and gave me a San Diego address called hotel they did that for me and only cost $35. So onto surgery we arrive in beautiful Mexico it did not look anything like I thought. It is a clean city. We pull into a strip mall and I was like oh ok. We walk up stairs into a waiting room. It was clean and pristine and the front desk girl was sweet and answered any questions we had. Rubin came out we all finished the last of our paperwork settle debts and got our take home medicine. Than one by one we got called back to go behind locked and secured frosted glass sliding door. It is white and you can smell the cleanness. A large staff waited for you. They take you back and there our 2 large stall room with 2beds in each and a beautiful bathroom. Only 4 people are having surgery you have your own nurse during the day and 2 at night you never feel neglected, excellent care. With every cough and whimper they are there. A cardiologist does your ekg and nurse run all pre op test. When it is your turn for surgery they take you back wide awake so you get to see where you are at and how clean and organize it is. You are quickly put under and next thing you know you are back in your pre op room. I do not recall the post up recovery room. They keep you well drugged up but i was up and walking about 1 hour after I came back to prep bed and even though I was loopy they insured I was good. I love the small feeling of the facility. The facility will and get you stuff If needed! A+. You stay in the preop room overnight and leak test in am and off the a recovery house where you have your own bath room and a hospital bed! This is important has getting up and down out a hotel bed would be uncomfortable.

Things you will regret if not brought
    Gas X strips
    Chapstick
    Slippers
    Wipes to clean yourself till you are able to shower
    Wifi is lacking but once surgery sleep is what you will do
    How most us felt 12 hours after surgery sore weird pain in chest in shoulder trapped air, top of stomach hurts. One person nauseated and poor thing dry heaved all night which already on a sore body is horrific. We all walked often.
    Ok went to have leak test went down stairs ugh lol and drove the test place. This was the least fun of the event. They were very nice but long and exhausting as we were cut off at 8 am from meds and could not get more til rehab house.
    Rehab house flat gorgeous! Decorated via IKEA lol but all white and pretty separate rooms direct tv and finally great internet . Now I am sitting in recliner I have a headache I feel like I have done over 1000 sit ups and stomach is crying. Stil on iv and still have drainage in and lol praying for farts to relieve the air trapped in chest and belly

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Robyn_1313's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/26/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. White
    Last Activity
    10-25-2016 01:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Surgery was yesterday in Mexico

Thank you so much for detailing your experience. And thank you for the list of things to bring with to the hospital - that was VERY helpful!

Gastric Sleeve Member Dawnislas's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dawn
    Surgery date
    09/13/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    04-10-2019 09:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surgery was yesterday in Mexico

Welcome to the other side. You will feel a little better every day.