Surgeon
    Dr. Ali Al Sarayreh
    Last Activity
    09-05-2016 03:09 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Very slow weight loss

I'm 5 weeks post op, i've lost around 30 pounds, in which 75% of that i've lost during the first 2 weeks, and i've been struggling with every pound after that!

Till now, i didn't take any protein supplements, as my doctor recommended to take it directly from food, such as skimmed milk, beef and chicken broth, lentil soup, etc.

I know for sure that i am not getting enough protein from food, so now i am considering protein supplements and i really need your advice in that. Did anyone manage to lose weight without protein supplements?

One more thing, and sorry for TMI, i'm having a very stinky smell urine and watery semen, is this normal? did anyone face this post op?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Bufflehead's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. K. Robert Williams
    Last Activity
    08-14-2017 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 180 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 44 Times

Default Re: Very slow weight loss

If you are eating low carb, then ketosis can result in stinky urine, bad breath, BO, and more! Can't speak to the semen issue.
    30 lbs in five weeks is not slow, it is fast. Most people do not lose AT ALL for a couple of weeks starting in week 3. You are ahead of the game. Stop second guessing yourself and your team and proceed as directed. Everything will work out fine.

Gastric Sleeve Member Munecagirl85's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Ashley mejia
    Surgery date
    11/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr rodriguez juarez mexico
    Last Activity
    03-17-2017 06:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 219 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Very slow weight loss

more than likely your in ketosis and do not even know it bc the scale isnt moving, yes that happens i stalled at two weeks out after i cant remember 10-or20 then took me a entire month and i just drooooped and steadily lost from there slloooowlllyyy lost up untill the 80 pound mark then i stalled out 100% your not even there now so your fine.... you'll loose just give it time and not worry about it if your not getting protein in than i would get a protein shake or get scoops of protein w a coffee from Starbucks they have plain protien you cant even taste... i did that my first few weeks and still do its my "treat"

i get ices americano w 3 splenda and sfree vanilla or unsweet iced passion fruit tea w heavy cream vanilla and 3 splendas and add a scoop of unflavored protien... and BAM... just careful w cream... it may make you upset so start w almost milk

First goal 295- 4-11-16

Second goal 265 - 8-15-16 (that took forever lol halfway there!)

3rd goal 200 -

ATLAST final goal 165-