Gastric Sleeve Member loopylori's Avatar
    Surgeon
    Georgia SurgiCare
    Last Activity
    02-26-2016 01:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Smile New to this site. Hoping to have my gastric sleeve surgery December 21st

Hi all! I am 4 months into the journey and have completed all of the steps my insurance company requires. My surgeon has told me that we could pick a date and submit the paperwork to insurance as soon as next Tuesday. Excited and scared. I was not scared so much about the surgery before now. Now I am thinking about the pain and what if something goes wrong. Then I am scared about changing my lifestyle and since I am the only family member making this drastic change, will I fail because my husband and daughter will be eating differently from me. I don't want to fail. I feel like this is my last chance to lose it and actually keep it off. I pray I can steer my family into eating more healthy and convince my husband to have the surgery. He is a truck driver and does not feel like he can make all of the necessary doctor appointments. Plus I think he is scared of the surgery.

Looking forward to being here and reading about everyone's journey.

Lori in Georgia

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/08/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr, Chae
    Last Activity
    05-24-2016 05:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 135 Times in 120 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 984 Times

Default Re: New to this site. Hoping to have my gastric sleeve surgery December 21st

Welcome!! There are many here cooking for a family too. Ask your questions and I know everyone will jump in to help.

Name
    Lynn
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marc K. Boustany
    Last Activity
    10-24-2016 04:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 55 Times
    Was Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 704 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to this site. Hoping to have my gastric sleeve surgery December 21st

Hello Loopy... I felt that same way. I knew this was my last hope of being healthier and thinner. This is lifestyle change and we should be making healthy choices in our food selections, therefore your family would benefit from eating healthier choices as well. Try serving them the same kinds of food you are eating, albeit larger portions. Take one day at a time and follow your dr's orders and you will do fine. I'm 3 months out and down 52lbs. If I can do this, anyone can. Best of luck and keep us updated.

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dawn
    Surgeon
    Dr. David Buchin
    Last Activity
    08-24-2016 07:00 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

I am actually considering having this surgery after the new year but this too is one of my fears. Everyone else in the house can eat and I will be the one eating healthy. I know in the beginning it's going to be hard but I'm sure if I am the only one cooking they are going to either have to get used to the new healthy lifestyle or learn how to cook for themselves. I know it's going to be a big change.
    Just Started process. Don't have surgery date yet.

Name
    Kelly
    Surgery date
    02/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rivera
    Last Activity
    11-22-2016 05:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 41 Times
    Was Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 48 Times

Why not have your family eat healthier as well? Your children have your genes, and they may end up overweight themselves, it's a great idea to start them on a healthier lifestyle now, so they won't need surgery later in life...and you will eventually be able to eat the same things, just smaller portions. I know it's easier said than done, but starting your children out now with a healthier lifestyle will only help them in the future.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents