Marcelo W Hinojosa
    Last Activity
    01-29-2016 12:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Intro

Well, were to start lol Wanted this surgery for almost 20 years now but due to a abuse relationship that was not possible. Now after starting over and being married to a wonderful man for the last 7 years I have gotten my surgery. The in between of all this is fears that have built up for my husband and daughter that have been bombarded with horror stories from every one they have talked to and some personal observations of others that have had this. To my surprise, I couldn't be happier with how it has been going so far but I like to be well informed and I believe it was in my own best interest to join a form with other that may understand better the things I might be going through . Well here's to hopefully a good beginning.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/28/2015
    Surgeon
    Oliver A. Varban
    Last Activity
    07-08-2018 07:14 AM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,222 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Intro

Congratulations on your, "new lease on life!" Don't worry about all of the other comments from people...YOU aren't those people that failed or whatever horrific story you're being told. You're already ahead of the game, well informed and determined! Many many well wishes and great success you!!

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/22/2015
    Surgeon
    Marcelo W Hinojosa
    Last Activity
    01-29-2016 12:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Intro

I guess after re-reading my entry I left a lot out lol I was nervous because I never know what to say at first. I started going after my 20yr dream in April 2015 When I reached my heaviest @309. My lower back, hips, knees and ankles started to give out and I ended up in PT. After a year of jumping through hoops and doing a very intense program to get here.I managed to work my way out of PT, join the YMCA, lose 40 lbs and find a fun, enjoyable way to eat healthy & love it. I was fast tracked at the end because there was a cancellation. So I had just under 2 weeks on the 1000 cal diet but luckily for me I was still working my program and losing weight. When I was in the hospital I was actually surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there was some bumping moments but so far my husband and I have been able to catch our mistakes and correct them before we have gone too far off track. Hope this helps fill in some of the blanks I left =)