Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Curiel
    Last Activity
    05-01-2016 04:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 41 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default 1 1/2 years post op & birth control

I had my surgery in February 2014 and it changed my life. I went from 208 to 145 today. I have not been working out and really need to do so. I feel like my eating habits have been out of control lately and really need to reset myself and get back to the gym. I was on Depo provera for three years straight and gained some of my weight from that. Now I am on the nexplanon the little plastic in my arm going on one month now and have been having crazy cravings for such bad foods. I don't want to hurt my sleeve and need to get back on track. It almost seems like I don't even have a sleeve with the way I have been eating. How much are you supposed to be able to consume healthily at this point, this far out? Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for the feedback in advanced.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Meagan
    Surgery date
    05/29/2015
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-15-2018 09:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1 1/2 years post op & birth control

Well, as far as calories, you may be able to eat as much as 1700 or more and that may be too much for maintaining. But I mostly wanted to comment on the implant - My sister has it and craves the same thing, has gained probably 80lbs over the course of a year, b/c of those cravings. I feel so sorry for her, I know she's struggling. I would maybe consider getting on something else, I know they are expensive but it would not be worth it to me. I personally didn't gain anything on Depo, but since it's tough to get in enough calcium and depo steals from your bones, I chose not to do that post surgery (thus far at least).

Maybe try going back to a liquid diet for a week or more to detox from the sugars and breads, then don't pick them back up. throw away or donate what's in your cabinets, don't 'finish the box' or buy more. back to basics. and be careful of artificial sweeteners that will increase the cravings you already have.

Good luck.