Jan
    Surgeon
    Dr. Matthew Crouthamel
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default New Member Intro

Hello from the Great (Pacific) Northwest.

I am 58 yrs young, married 39 yrs, with 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren. Don't ask me who that old lady in the mirror is, but she has been stalking me for years!

My husband and I started building our dream home in 2001. It still lacks things like trimwork, kitchen cabinet doors and drawfronts, and flooring in the bedrooms and walkin closet.

I currently have a lapband that slipped after 7 yrs and have started the journey to get UHC's approval for removal and then approval for revision to Gastric Sleeve.

My lapband helped me to lose 75 lbs before I began having trouble. Dilated pouch and complete unfill resulted in a 20 lb gain. I have never been able to get back to that sweet spot and then the acid reflux started. Still on meds for that and still must be very careful of what I have for dinner and what time I have dinner.

My original surgeon up and moved to Fla and had been seeing a Lapband Only doc. He has had me on a liquid diet for 2 months trying to get a dilated pouch to undilate. Next step was going to be surgery to unbuckle, let it rest, then surgery again to rebuckle.

I said to heck with that. If I was going to have to go through 2 surgeries, I would look into a Revision. So I consulted with another surgeon. After his barium swallow, he said my pouch was not dilated, but that my band had slipped and needed to be removed. Thats my story so far.

4/15/15: Lapband removed (slipped)
    4/30/15: Lapband removal Post-Op Dr. visit AND PRE-OP Gastric Sleeve visti
    5/27/15: Gastric Sleeve surgery scheduled

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents