Dr. Eaton
    Last Activity
    05-20-2015 09:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Surgery on Dec12th

I Will be having my surgery on Dec 12th, I am really excited !!!! I have been on this journey for almost a year and if it wasn't for my friend Jennifer helping me thru this I would have never started this, but I am and I can't wait to be on the losers bench. What helpful tips should I know when I go into the hospital? And when I come home? I look forward to hearing from you all.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member justwannabnormal's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Parikh
    Last Activity
    11-16-2016 07:08 AM
    Said "Thanks" 100 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,126 Times

Default Re: Surgery on Dec12th

Patti-Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I had mine Dec. 10, 2013 and it was the best decision I ever made. These wonderful people on this site have been so helpful to me. No question is silly, dumb, or too gross! I was so nervous the week leading up to the surgery. I doubted my decision, wondering if I could truly pull it off. I read so many success stories on here and knew I'd be the one failure. I've yo-yo'd my whole life so I had my doubts. Surgery actually went well. I had it Tuesday morning and was home Thursday morning. Hardest thing for me was everything tasted so different after surgery, esp. the Ensure shakes. I couldn't tolerate them. I was never hungry and the liquid intake took a while to get used to. Even a sip at first was an experiment. It will only take one time to ingest too much and you'll never do it again...lol. I've lost 104lbs since surgery. It came off fast the first 6 months then I had a few stalls which of course made me think 'failure' right away. But it is a lifelong process. You will have ups and downs. But you'll gain a positive attitude through it all because you will feel amazing that you can finally wear smaller clothes, sit more comfortably in ANY chair, cross your legs without grabbing it and throwing it over the other, wrap an average size towel around you and it overlaps, have a pair of pants be noticeably too big as you can grab the excess material in your hand along your thigh....and countless other achievements that smaller people take for granted. Before I get too winded and talk your ear off.....I wish you the best of luck on your journey and a quick recovery. Take it one day at a time. I'd tell you not to weigh yourself every day but that's probably useless as I think we all do it! Some days you'll see a big loss and others nothing. Don't dwell on it too much-I know easier said than done. Look at the month long loss instead. It gets easier and just remember to sip, sip, sip.