Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Camelo Ramos
    Last Activity
    11-09-2015 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 81 Times

Default Two weeks post op tomorrow

So tomorrow is my two week surgiversary date. I'm going to list some things that I am experiencing and it would be nice if some of you who are further out could tell me if I'm normal.

My energy is good.
    My insiscions are healing nicely and only a little sore to the touch.
    I can drink water with regular swallows - I don't have to sip.
    Clear soups are not making me full.
    I'm feeling physical hunger more when I drink water. I can't really wait until after a meal because I'm still on liquids.
    I'm tired of liquids.
    Sometimes I forget that I've been sleeved. It just slips my mind. I guess that means I'm getting back to normal.
    I hit a weight loss stall this week. I lost 7.5 pounds the first week after surgery but have not lost anything this week. Just want to know if this is normal. My starting weight before my surgery was 180.5 so maybe an early stall is normal for someone with my weight.
    I could chew my arm off right now, I want to eat so bad!
    Each day brings a little more sunshine emotionally as the head hunger hit me like a brick. I wasn't prepared.
    I'm starting to feel a little sexy.
    I'm looking forward to buying some clothes that are actually in style.
    Might be TMI but I'm putting it out there. I've done number two twice since surgery. The first time was natural and the second time I took a laxative to move things along.

Are these normal for a two week post-op sleever?

Thanks!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    12-31-2014 01:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Two weeks post op tomorrow

I also am 13 days post op.... I have started on tomatoe and potatoe soup as I needed more, I am down 15 lbs tho. I started at 202. I am so happy with results so far, after you have a regular bowel movement you will probably find it better as far as weight loss... Keep it up and you'll do fine.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-02-2022 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,591 Times
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are right on track to me, Missy. I'm also two weeks post op tomorrow and feeling great. Today I scrambled my first egg and had some melted cheese on top. It took me about 30 minutes to eat, but it filled me right up and so much better than a protein shake. I am soooo tired of the protein shakes. They literally make me want to hurl.
    I also hit a stall this week. On day 9, I woke up and was actually 4 pounds heavier! I thought I was crazy and was so upset and then it lingered there for two days... Today I finally woke up and it was back to where it initially was, which is a 19 pound loss since the pre-op diet. I hope tomorrow I will wake up and it will be even less. It was not pleasant to have any kind of a weight gain, especially so early in the process, but I'm sure it was just more fluid retention.
    I've been going #2 pretty regularly since surgery, but I've also been having cottage cheese and yogurt this week ... Oh, and coffee... That always keeps things moving for me.
    It's crazy how sometimes I will feel sooo hungry, but then just a few bites will completely satisfy me... Sometimes even too much. When I'm not eating, I also forget all about my sleeve because I feel really good! That's a good thing!

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    05/20/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    06-11-2015 05:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Good for you. Don't worry about the weight gain. You be ok.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Fitzgerald
    Last Activity
    10-25-2014 09:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi, I'm actually 11 days post-op and I lost 12 pounds the first week and I got on the scale this morning and had gained 2 of it back. There has been no gain for the past 4 days but today there was a gain and I'm freaking out....11 days is too early to hit a plateau....right? I am also hungry A LOT which bugs the F$^k out of me because I thought the part of the stomach they removed had nerve ending that told your brain you weren't hungry. So I'm still hungry but I don't have those nerves or hormones or whatever it is telling my brain that I'm not hungry. I'm afraid this isn't working...I also would like to know if it is normal?

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents