Surgeon
    Mr James Halstead
    Last Activity
    01-14-2020 11:49 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times

Default Excess skin?

So I am close to the goal weight and I was wondering what to do about my excess skin, I want an operation to get rid of it I've already decided but what path I go down I don't know!

I can try to get it on the NHS which will mean its free but I have been told I will have to get down to 127lbs, which i'm not sure if I can do or not! Even then it's not guaranteed i'll get anything on the NHS :/

The second option is to go private in the UK, however this would cost a LOT of money meaning I wouldn't be able to afford it for about 10 years.

The third option is to look somewhere abroad like Mexico etc. and so far I am thinking this may be the best option but I don't know who to go with?

I need a tummy tuck, arm lift and thigh lift. Those are the most important, thinks like my breasts I can live with for now, bras make them look okay but my arms, stomach and thighs I just hate! I want to wear shorts and vest tops but I hate how I look in them with all the excess skin.

What should I do?

Sleeve on the 27/8/2013 at Leeds Nuffield aged 18
    Day of surgery: 298
    Current weight: 157.8

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Excess skin?

If the excess skin is an issue for you, for whatever reason, and you are looking into going out of country for surgery, then research is going to be your key. For the longest time I stayed in the 170s, I really didn't think that I would continue to lose any more...honestly, I had gotten lazy, allowed some old habits to sneak back in and was pretty much maintaining. Anyway, I refocus, and lost an additional 20 lbs, by just making a few changes. I started going to a gym (and when i say the work gym...I mean like a solid dedication of 1 day a week) nothing spiffy, my life hasn't allowed me to get in there as often as I would really like. But that one day a week my PT guy has be focus on interval strength training...which has really boosted my weight loss back up...lord I never thought that I would see the 150s again.

Now, obviously, I don't know you, or your situation, and 175 is not a bad weight by any mean (congrats on your success!)...the point is put some real thought into what you think is the best option for you, your life, and everything else. If you decide to wait great, if you decide that you would rather not, then figure out where you are looking at going to have the surgeries done, and then research like there is no tomorrow. If you need help on how to research ask, there are a number of ways out there. Just make sure that you consider all things with your research, and then, when you are comfortable make the decision. Good luck on your next step. I wish you the very best.