Surgery date
    04/23/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brebbia
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 28 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Well, Very interesting response to seeing me for the first time since I came to the sleeved side

This is really a great experience. It is so interesting to experience post sleeve responses from the closest people in my life that know I had had the sleeve done. I don't get on the scale everyday. I can clearly see my body changing right before my eyes. It has not been that much weight loss. I lost 11lbs on the 2 week pre op diet. I have only lost 5 more pounds since the sleeve. My husband has not said one word. I visited my best girlfriend today and although we hugged when we greeted as usual and when we parted. She did not look at me directly in my eyes and she kept her back to me the entire time. She did not respond to my weight loss. I visited my Grandmother today too and the first thing she said was how much weight I had lost since we last seen eachother. Weird. I understand it. We are friends and are very competative. She would never admit it but it is true. I would feel the same way. She is chicken. Just scared to do what she knows she needs to do. I have to say I have never seen my friend and my husband so uncomfortable around me. I am moving on, they can do what they want. I am not treating them differently. Crazy right. My husband is finally on board with the weight loss train so I am happy, I don't care if he never says a word. I see it and I can not wait to be able to work out. My husband said order T 25. I had to laugh because he had initially said don't get it. I think we will be able to do it together some of the time which is wonderful. He is losing, starting to eat right, excersizing. If I had to get the sleeve to get him on board with the weight loss train then I am all for it. I have not seen my neighbor yet. I know she is going to be uncomfortable too. I think I will avoid her as much as possible until I get as close as I can to onederland. We have very different schedules, I still may not be able to avoid her for that long but I know she is dying to see me. She tried to get my husband to tell her when I was having the surgery and wanted to come over to help, RIGHT! Anyway I LOVE IT!! Going to have a SF popsicle, yummy. Y'all have a great evening.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dwayne
    Surgery date
    01/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bacal
    Last Activity
    02-14-2016 06:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 239 Times
    Was Thanked 281 Times in 239 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,189 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Well, Very interesting response to seeing me for the first time since I came to the sleeved side

Congrats on being a role model to your family. Hopefully your grandmother will come around.

Name
    Traci
    Surgery date
    03/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lufti
    Last Activity
    07-18-2016 12:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 53 Times in 52 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 402 Times

Default Re: Well, Very interesting response to seeing me for the first time since I came to the sleeved side

Aren't Grandparents great? Of course your Granny would complement you! Keep up the great work, and the great attitude! Warm hugs, and best wishes!

Gastric Sleeve Member Cyndy-loo's Avatar
    Name
    Cyndy-loo
    Surgery date
    05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-13-2018 08:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 78 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 252 Times
    Blog Entries

It is amazing how people (in general) don't like change. How are you feeling? Are you up and walking around? How does your stomach feel?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Denise
    Surgery date
    04/21/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Naik
    Said "Thanks" 300 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,048 Times

Congrats. We almost have tge same starting weight and goal andddddd surgery date lol

4/21/14 day of surgery 231.5 lbs
    4/22/14 day after surgery 235.5 lbs

****1st goal 199 lbs **** 10/20/14

****2nd goal 175 lbs

****final goal 150 lbs

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Flipflops's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Simchuk
    Last Activity
    01-23-2020 10:43 AM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 107 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 148 Times
    Blog Entries

I haven't experienced any negative vibes from anyone. I golfed with a group of friends yesterday, first time this year. I hadn't seen several of them since last Oct., and got so many compliments. I was on cloud 9.
    I really like the mantra protein, water, exercise, attitude. My attitude is so positive now, which is awesome.

Highest weight - 254
    Day of Surgery - 245
    1 month: 22 lb. loss (232)
    2 month: 12 lb. loss (220)
    3 month: 12 lb. loss (208)
    4 month: 7 lb. loss (201)
    5 month: 5 lb. loss (196)
    6 month: 7 lb. loss (189)
    7 month: 7 lb. loss (182)
    8 month: 5 lb. loss (177)
    Goal: 150

Gastric Sleeve Member chowchowlover's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. McCarthy
    Last Activity
    05-27-2015 02:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 29 Times
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on your progress since surgery Tryhaye3. You're keeping the positive attitude that's necessary to keep it moving. You've got this group to keep you moving in the right direction and YOU know that you made the right decision from the beginning. Your girlfriend has to see how it goes with you, then she may come on board and do it and ask for your support as she goes through it if she needs the procedure as well. So look forward to that. LOL It seems grandmom is on board with you now, even if she was hesitant at first. Grannies don't lie!!!!!

Is your vacation/recouperating time almost over. I know you're down about that, but seem to have your system going. Keep it up!!!!