05/29/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Renne Wolfe
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Slow losing..

We are bound to lose some here and there for sure..I guess it relates to exercise and good choices..It is hard..I had my blood work just done so may be something with pre diabetis but not sure yet..I think if it were that they would call me..I don't like the taste of most stuff..I would like something forbidden..Opted for sugar free candy..It was okay but not buying it only for maybe Christmas or Easter..I don't crave it..I think now the vitamens and calcium help but iron binds me up.I opt to use it three or four times a week instead of every day..Keep going, we got to stick together through this..Now I am heading out to planet fitness you have a good day..

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    08/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Hawasali
    Last Activity
    10-13-2014 07:31 AM
    Michigan by way of England, Mumbai, Cairo and Boston
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 440 Times in 415 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 829 Times

Hello Lindy,

You've had really good replies, and I have a few things of my own to offer.

First, how much are you drinking? I know that when I don't get enough water to drink I wake up in the middle of that night because I'm so dry. For me, I decided that it was better to wake up and pee than wake up feeling that horrible feeling. Also I know what the humidity is like; do you have a humidifier? That can help a lot too.

This is where my advice gets too weird for people, so feel free to ignore this:

Second, have a serious talk with your negative voice and tell it to shut the hell up! You're defeating yourself with "I've only lost 50 pounds". You've lost 50 pounds! While, yes, you have more still to go you've done a wonderful job. Not only have you lost the 50 pounds, but you've kept it off!!! That is a fantastic thing and you're robbing yourself of your victory by using the negative language. Our negative voices try to do that a lot and sometimes we just have to yell at them until they learn to behave. It's a process, like everything else.

Third, remember that like dealing with the negative voice, this is a mindset and you need to reframe your thoughts in ways that are productive. You didn't say as much but it seems to me like you feel you have to deprive yourself of that salt, or that sugar. Neither salt, or sugar, or fat, or carbs or anything else are bad for you. You need them to live. I post this all the time, so I'll say it again: LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! If it wants something, give it to it. I wrote a long response a while ago about a potato. I hadn't lost weight for several days (I lose 10ths at at time) and I was craving this potato but I said "no, I won't have a potato, they're bad" until it nearly drove me insane and I made my brother drive me through Wendy's. I lost a pound in a half the morning after that baked potato. I'm not saying the potato was the reason I lost the weight, I'm saying that psychologically my negative voice was saying "you won't give me a potato - I won't give you any more weight loss". Call me crazy, but I believe things like that.

Try this for a while... don't count calories. Or Carbs. Or Fats. Eat protein first (fish, chicken, beans, whatever you like) and then eat what you want. Don't gorge yourself, but try this more organic approach for two weeks. Personally I have great confidence that something will happen in that time. Please let me know. You're going to be okay.

Gastric Sleeve Member Aspinetti's Avatar
    Name
    Annette
    Surgery date
    09/23/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Atkinson
    Last Activity
    12-27-2014 10:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

instead of putting your body through another surgery, why don't you just do all the steps that you had to go through just before and just after surgery. that is why you lost weight!

Surgery date
    05/29/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Renne Wolfe
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your imput..It is truly valuable to me..I welcome everyones suggestions..I do drink a lot of fluids during the day..Decaf 12 oz, then later some crystal light, a protein shake with milk and ice..and in between the meals and snacks I drink as well..Sometimes it is herbal tea that is hot or decaf, or cold stuff..I drink before bed, and maybe bring a decaf or tea up or sugar free popsicle and seems like I have head hunger at night..I am still, watching tv and think I need something..Very foolish bad habits die hard..It is like I want a carb I dont need..I have fallen for peanut butter on a few crackers..yes that is a bad mistake..I do all my prescribed food all day first and still I want something..My surgeon and councelor and dietician were so disapointed in my forty pound weight loss in Dec that I felt so unworthy..I let them down, I let myself down and yes I got mad at myself and couldn't get to planet fitness. I have arthritis in my feet, a bad knee and wont go out in the cold stormy weather..I tried doing stairs and got lame..I got tired..I got frustrated..I think I am coming out of it some now that I can get out and go to the gym most days now and trying to afford the foods I need. Some months we run out of money a week or so before the soc. sec. check comes..What to do..I end up eating a sandwich or not having milk or eggs or what I need..It is over..moving on now from negativity to positivity..My aims are high..I have always been too hard on myself..I am not a binger but a grazer and that is hard when I think every two hours I need something..I think the dryness in my throat and lips is that I take prylosec which was prescribed by the surgeon as I have a gassy stomach..I feel good just darn dry..I have a small fan, a vaporizer and a sleep apnea mask which blows moist air into me all night..I think it is either the surgery or maybe my blood came back with some pre diabetis..I will find out this month when I see the doctor..I can say my taste has gone over the years from loving everything to loving a few things to loving no much..Everything tastes bland and am going to try to take zinc which can bring it back I hope..Just have to ask the docs when I see them these questions..You keep going you will be great..Thank you for feedback..

Surgery date
    05/29/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Renne Wolfe
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

I had the surgery, it is me who is not losing..Poor metabolism, poor choices at times..got to get more exercise..You cant do a redo on the surgery..80 percent of my stomach is gone..I think I will get there it will take time and effort..Getting to gym, upping the exercise and working on my issues..

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12