Thread: Ms Kaydee

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    01-21-2014 07:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Ms Kaydee

New to this forum,,I am 65 and tired of being overweight,,tried so many times but falter when I reach my goal weight and gain it back,,it costs 16,000$ Canadian for the gastric sleeve. I cannot afford that nor do I want to finance it,,I have good credit rating but seriously at my age I don't want the debt worry.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Kazoogirl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    05/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ortiz
    Last Activity
    11-28-2014 01:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ms Kaydee

Check out Dr. Ariel Ortiz of the Obesity Control Center in TJ Mexico. He is one of the top surgeons in the world and most of his patients are either Canadian or Americans. Both my hubby and I went there in 2013 and couldn't be happier.

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Leann
    Surgery date
    04/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Emma Patterson
    Last Activity
    09-18-2016 03:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 154 Times in 143 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 323 Times

I'm 58 so I'm thinking you are still a kid at 65. I know that my sleeve has added years and tons of enjoyment to my life. I can't help you with you decision about how to go about getting sleeved, but my sister also went to Meixco and just she was very pleased with her surgeon (I can't remember the name, but I'm sure you will get many recommendations here on the forum).
    Good luck with your research. I hope for your success and that you get all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Dec. 19, 2012 - 309 pounds
    April 10, 2013 - 266 pounds
    April 12, 2013 - 272 pounds (I gained 6 pounds after surgery but have been steadily losing since then)
    November 21, 2013 - 209 - 100 pounds lost!!!!!
    January 1, 2014 - 205 - down is down after the holidays
    January 30, 2014 - 199.4 - first time in the 100's in over 30 years!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times

There is a cost of 4200$ at this time,,I can afford that,,it's with dr Almanza in Mexico,,25 min from San Diego,,can't say I'm not scared. Are you still happy with the surgery,,if you don't mind what did you pay in Tiajuana (?).

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times

Dr Almanza is the doctor,,I can get it done on February 6',,, scared and live in Canada so I would drive to the US and go to San Diego,,so many negative thoughts from family,,if I make up my mind that is it,,can't change it,,

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times

Your note made me feel more comfortable about having the sleeve,,it's just living in Canada makes me scared that if anything should happen,,well I would have to stay there as I would have no money to go home. Have you heard of dr Almanza from the Jerusalem hospital,,in Mexico,,about 25 minutes from San Diego,,offering it for 4200$ rounded off. Us Dollars ,,sounds good and secure. Hugs

Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello MsKaydee and welcome to the forum! I had my surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones in Tijuana on January 12, 2013 and it was the best decision I could have made. I would and do strongly recommend Dr. Quinones to anyone who is considering weight loss surgery in Mexico. Dr. Quinones only performs 3 surgeries daily, they are performed in a private hospital. The more I did my research I came to realize that Dr. Quinones was my best option in Tijuana. Please feel free to private message me here or email (stacyeckel@gmail.com) me. I will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns about my experience in Tijuana with Dr. Quinones. Many people don't know about Dr. Quinones because he chooses not to advertise, 90% of Dr. Quinones patients come from other patient referrals.
    Good luck,
    Stacy
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg

Name
    Rob
    Surgery date
    01/01/2014
    Surgeon
    Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    05-26-2014 05:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I went to Dr. Quinones in Tijuana on 01/01/14. I had a amazing experience & he is a first rate surgeon. My recovery was very easy & no infections or anything. Dr. Quinones performs all his surgeries out of a small hospital with private rooms AND private bathrooms. One of the many things that made me choose Dr. Quinones is that he only does 3-4 surgeries daily. It is by far the best decision I have made I strongly recommend Dr. Quinones if you have any questions feel free to message me and ill be more than happy to give you all the information that I have on Dr. Quinones.

Banned
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

I had surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones, Oct. of 2012. He was amazing. I had a lot of trouble with Acid Reflux, GERD, and Gastritus through out my whole life before surgery. And have been hospitalized many times due to stomach issues, was also on a number of expensive medications for it prior to surgery. Since surgery I have had zero problems, and no longer take any medications. I went in to my regular doctor here in the states for an endoscopy after having surgery, and he said that Dr. Quinones work was impeccable. I paid 4,000 USD for the surgery plus my plane tickeT, and could not be happier with my success. I highly recommend him to anyone that is in need of this surgery at a good price.