Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    01-28-2014 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 596 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 1.5 weeks out... Finally an update!!!

Okay, first I apologize for the crap ton of typos I'm sure this is going to have, as I am on my iPhone!

Well, what to say... 11 days out and I'm down 15 pounds!

As far as pain goes that is very minimum! Robin and I had some pain in the hospital, but the morphine pump made that fine! We were in a suite across from each other and got up often to wall the halls holding hands like I wanted! Out nurses were amazing amazing amazing and the hospital staff was amazing! So kind caring and attentive! Coming home we had minimum pain also, worst part was drinking the pain meds! We experienced no nausea... I'm not sure if this is because our surgeon gave us an anti nausea patch prior to surgery, but it worked!

We are on puréed stage and I hate it! I can not do protein shakes or add powder to things I eat because it gets in my head! I'm such a weird eater that just knowing there's something in it stresses me out! I have found an already made chocolate protein shake that has 16Gs per 8oz. It may be a but high in sugar, but I would rather have a but extra sugar than no protein!! I'm really struggling with this stage physically an emotionally. I pretty much live off of refried beans blended with salsa and some cheese on top! That goes down great! Twice now I've eaten mashed potatoes with spicy gravy! I can't think of other things to eat... It stresses me out sometimes, but I just remind myself once I'm past this, I can def get my protein in with reg food, even if I only eat meat!! Anyone have any absolutly amazing soft food stage foods!?!

On to my emotional issue! I am really struggling with my emotions! I have had several days where all I do is cry. Cry because I can't just stop and grab a burger or a slice when were out. I struggle because everything on tv always looks so good and I want it! I'm having a hard time cause for the last 5 years my relationship with robin and all my friends has really revolved around food and or alcohol. When robin and I go to the movies we do the done in theater and I eat and she loves popcorn. When we are going to the mall or to see her mom or my parents or to do anything out first conversation is always where are we eating. I told one of our best friends I missed her and we need to hang out soon. Once the conversation was over I realized, we always eat that's what we do... Oh no! I know in the end I'm sure ill be so happy I did this, I mean 15lbs down wow, but right now I feel so low and depressed all the time! I am sad I'm not getting what I want, but also perhaps a but depresse on allowed food to be come so important to me and my everyday!

Today is my first day back at work and most everyone is being so kind. In have a touch of soreness, but not much! I amostly bummed today cause my partner and pups are at home still! Robin go an extra week off, lucky ducky!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, just have been kind of struggling!

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts posted on my wall for robin and I the last week and a half, and thanks in advance for any future comments and/or suggestions that will be posted!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1.5 weeks out... Finally an update!!!

Amber so glad to hear that you and Robin are doing well. I haven't been sleeved yet, but at one time I lost 70 lbs., and I know how it feels when you have relationships that are basically centered around food. I used to have a friend and after saying hello, our next words were "Where are we going to eat?" We both learned that we can do other things besides eating...taking a walk, going to the mall, even cooking low calorie meals. Try and find new experiences. I am sure that you will continue to do well. Hang in there!

Surgery date
    07/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kim
    Last Activity
    07-31-2014 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,927 Times
    Blog Entries

So glad you guys are doing well! I thought the pureed stage was a bear too! I liked sf popsicles and soup best. As far as hanging out with people - kenson is right - there are a ton of other things to do - I have also found with certain friends we always go out to eat and I just go with them anyway then I piddle with my dinner. I take a bite - move food about my plate - talk alot - then get around to taking another bite. No one really pays atttention to how little I am eating until the end when I am asking for a to-go box. SO far this has been working for me. Good luck to both of you!

Gastric Sleeve Member Amber Like Woah's Avatar
    Name
    Amber
    Surgery date
    10/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    01-28-2014 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 596 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks! Out friends do know we had surgery and are very supportive, we just have to find new activities!

Gastric Sleeve Member DebbieLvswknds's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher Hart
    Last Activity
    10-23-2016 06:06 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 33 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the weight loss and sorry for the sadness. Thank you for posting about it though - gives those of us waiting more to think about and hopefully plan for/be expecting when our time comes. Hope it passes for you soon!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents