Mr Abraham Botha
    Last Activity
    11-11-2021 11:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: After gastric sleeve surgery

Quote Originally Posted by LtWeight View Post
    I have never been much for alcohol but I am curious how long you waited before the alcohol. I do sometimes like to have a glass of wine or a 95 calorie Jose Cuervo light margarita when my sister and I have Mexican food so I wouldn't mind having some during the holiday season this year. I haven't tried beef yet but I am past 2 months so I have started trying new foods one at a time to see what agrees and what doesn't. So far everything has been fine except the first time I tried coffee, that made me feel a little sick for a few hours. My dream would be after I reach my goal to eat anything in moderation, I'd like to be satisfied with sharing a desert with others on a special occasion. So far I haven't had any problem not drinking while eating or within 30 minutes afterwards. I sometimes have to remind myself about protein first, I should have practiced that a bit more before surgery, but I do like the feeling it gives so I don't see that being a problem. Thank God for the sleeve!
    I waited 3 months before having alcohol. I didn't have any chocolate, crisps, junk food etc for the first 3 months. I tried a mug of hot chocolate after around 6 weeks and the pain was so excruciating that it put me off of sweet foods for quite a while. Now, nearly 2 years out and I can eat and drink almost anything. I've had to change the alcohol I drink as I can't mix my usual JD with coke any more so I tend to drink vodka and cranberry juice or wine. I'm not a big drinker anyway as I always looked at it as wasted calories and would rather eat chocolate than drink but now after having reached my goal I can honestly say that I have a little bit of what I want when I want it, alcohol included. Everything in moderation. It makes you appreciate food more I think when you have to choose quality over quantity.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Janet
    Surgery date
    07/29/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley D. Hoehn
    Last Activity
    10-31-2015 09:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 48 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 81 Times

Default Re: After gastric sleeve surgery

Quote Originally Posted by shazbiz View Post
    I waited 3 months before having alcohol. I didn't have any chocolate, crisps, junk food etc for the first 3 months. I tried a mug of hot chocolate after around 6 weeks and the pain was so excruciating that it put me off of sweet foods for quite a while. Now, nearly 2 years out and I can eat and drink almost anything. I've had to change the alcohol I drink as I can't mix my usual JD with coke any more so I tend to drink vodka and cranberry juice or wine. I'm not a big drinker anyway as I always looked at it as wasted calories and would rather eat chocolate than drink but now after having reached my goal I can honestly say that I have a little bit of what I want when I want it, alcohol included. Everything in moderation. It makes you appreciate food more I think when you have to choose quality over quantity.
    I'm with you, I'd rather have chocolate than drink! Good to know about the alcohol since I know there will be lots of holiday celebrations to come and I wasn't sure if I'd be ready for a drink at that time. Who knows, I may not even want any but at least I'll have the option. Thank you!

Jan 2013: 204 lbs - Began process
    July 29, 2013: 184 lbs - Surgery Day
    3 months: 10/29/13: 149 lbs (total lost: 35lbs since surgery)
    6 months: 1/29/14: 125 lbs (total lost: 59 since surgery)
    9 months: 4/29/14: 122 lbs (total lost: 62 since surgery)
    12 months: 7/29/14: 122 lbs (total lost: 62 since surgery)