Name
    Holly
    Last Activity
    08-26-2013 03:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default First seminar done.

My husband and I went to the first seminar yesterday. It was very informative. I also had a physical a few days before with my GP. He would like me to lose the weight naturally of course. He also knows my struggle and knows I must get this weight off now. I have my appointment with the surgeon on Sept. 20th, but in the meantime I am dealing with a few issues with my GP. My vitamin D level is low and I am very anemic. I am also prediabetic but that should correct itself with weight loss. I am now on vitamin D supplements and my GP had more bloodwork done to find out why I am so anemic. Honestly it is probably because I am 52 and getting my period every 2 weeks and it is heavy, but best check. So I may be on iron supplements too.

My question for you all is given my BMI of 46, low vitamin D, and anemia.....is the sleeve right? or would the bypass be right? I am sure my surgeon will have an opinion and I understand I will be needing supplements anyway for life regardless.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Bambi
    Surgery date
    08/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Nicole Fearing
    Last Activity
    12-23-2013 11:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: First seminar done.

To me, the sleeve is a great option. The sleeve is such a more simpler procedure compared to bypass with alot less side effects n risks from what I've read. No issues with dumping syndrome or with malabsorption which can be tricky issues. I say sleeve, but that's my two cents. Wishing u the best. BAMBI

1st dr visit 7/3/13 278 lbs
    1 week after pre op diet 8/6/13 270 lbs