Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-11-2015 06:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Confessions 9 plus months post-op

My original weight was 246. weight day of surgery 237. Weight today 183. I was sleeved December 3, 2012. I am 5 foot 8.

Things that were bad habits before continue to be bad habits and are preventing further weight loss. When I put the number down they look pretty good. The sad truth is that in the last 16 weeks I have lost 15 pounds. That means at post-op month 5 my weight loss came to a screeching halt. And looking back, I can see why. I need to put this down on paper to hold my self accountable and hope that future sleevers can learn from my mistake...and maybe hear from others who feel they totally screwed up using their sleeve as the tool it was meant to be.

mistakes made....

I never exercised before my sleeve and I still don't. Yes, I would start a plan...buy some videos, try a couch to 5k training program. I even walked/jogged a couple of fun runs. But in the last 9 months I've probably exercised a total of 10 hours.

I drink alcohol daily. And looking back on my weight tracking that is when the weight lose really stopped. Because my weight loss started slowing when I reintroduced alcohol in February. When they say you change one habit for another...believe them. it's either vodka with low calorie diet juice or a glass of wine...but it is daily.

I don't drink water. About the only water I get is in my 20 ounces of drip coffee in the morning.

My eating habits are high protein, high fat, little to no carbs or sugar. I think that is the only reason I have probably lost the 15 pounds that I have in the last 4 plus months.

So, here I sit. 30 pounds from goal. We are told that the first year is the most important and I have blown away 1/2 of it.

So now what?? I honestly not sure what to do. My plan for today is to make better choices. Today is Monday. My goals for this week are to drink water and not have alcohol. I would add exercise...but from previous dieting experience I know if I commit to too much at once I will set myself up for failure.

Thank you for listening to my confessions. I am very thankful to have this group to turn to.

Keri

5 foot 8
    Highest weight 249
    Day of surgery 237

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Ladyinwaiting's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Patel
    Last Activity
    02-13-2014 07:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 80 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 612 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Confessions 9 plus months post-op

First step is admitting the truth.. Now, you can move on. Thanks for the warnings.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jo
    Surgery date
    08/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr LePort
    Last Activity
    09-01-2014 07:07 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

get back up dust your self off and try again! You got this!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Brenda2012's Avatar
    Name
    Brenda Laura
    Surgery date
    09/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Lara
    Last Activity
    02-17-2014 06:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 140 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 49 Times
    Blog Entries

My weight loss stop at 5 months I've lost about 30lbs this year. I do workout I'm a size 7/8 and to be honest I look good. I don't want to be a size 0-5 ill be happy with a true 7! My dr told me I'll be okay at 150. I know bad habits can come we're only human however we can get to our goal we just need to be positive and push ourselves. Good luck
    Start weight: 280(1/1/12)
    Pre-op weight: 255(9/3/12) lost 25lbs on my own
    Surgery weight:241(9/17/12) not the best weight but I'll take it
    First goal weight: 199 ( 12/7/12) finally Onederland!!
    Second goal weight: 175 ( 5/6/13) finally after 5 mo.
    Third goal weight: 150 ( )
    Final goal weight: 140 ()or tbd

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Angela Butt
    Surgery date
    05/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Jose Guadaloupe-Rodruguez
    Last Activity
    03-05-2021 12:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 91 Times
    Blog Entries

The good thing is #1 you are able to recognize where you are failing and #2 you still have your wonderful tool the sleeve

Everyday is a new day to begin again.
    -I joined Anytime Fitness a month ago and I will tell you half the battle is just getting my workout clothes on! Once I get them on I'm good to go I have to go when I'm in the mood, no waiting or I may miss the moment.

-Write down goals for yourself, big ones and little ones, either on a spreadsheet or hang a note on the fridge where you can see it everyday. Become somewhat obsessed with it so it is constantly in your face, look at if every day, think about how to get there.

-Start logging your food on MyFitnessPal.com; you can friend me if you want, my username is akbutt. Its awesome!

-Go to the blog World According to Eggface, she has some really great recipes! Plan your meals and have food ready to go. Stock your fridge with easy to grab food like lunch meat (just watch the sodium), hard boiled eggs, Quest protein bars are great, ff sf pudding with ff cool whip, grilled chicken breasts, go buy some jelly jars and some Dannon light n fit greek yogurt. Put the yogurt in the jar, 1/4 c of dry quick oats, 1/4 cup of sliced grapes or blueberries and mix it up. Make up several jars of this and put them in the fridge for at least overnight. These are a great grab and go breakfast.

-Buy lots of Crystal Light! I can't drink water but I can drink Crystal Light like its going out of style I also have several flavors of the little squeeze bottles in my purse for when I am out and about, I can always buy a water. If you buy the canisters you are supposed to put two packets to 2 quarts of water but it seems too strong for me so I use one packet to 2 quarts of water. I carry my water bottle around with me everywhere! Another thing I have been doing is every morning I have a cup of hot tea, then I make sure to get in one or two 8oz servings of Crystal Light before I eat breakfast. You will be amazed at how much easier it is to get your fluids in. Its a lot easier to wait 15 minutes after drinking than it is to wait 45 minutes after eating.

Good Luck to you!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Cindy Barrie
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    04-10-2015 04:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 165 Times
    Was Thanked 220 Times in 207 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 403 Times
    Blog Entries

Keri, you must be my sister from another mother! I was sleeved about ten months ago, my first 50 pounds came off so easily but I find that I am slipping back into my old, old, habits. At the same time, during this long stall I've had some incredible NSV's -- I have also come to realize that I am now dealing more and more with head/taste hunger! There are times when I am totally not interested in food or food doesn't really taste good, but there are other times when I would kill for a cinnamon roll (not really). As I travel the road that is my new life, I realize that I need to accept that I am going to mess up but I can make better choices tomorrow. As a good friend asks, "Would it be the end of the world if you didn't lose another pound?" The answer is always "NO!" My sleeve is a tool and I just need to use it to achieve my goals -- the other thing is like relandscaping my yard my weight loss is a work in progress! I just need play by the rules, take responsibility, make good choice, and celebrate my accomplishments!

Name
    Sabrina
    Surgeon
    Dr. Patrick White
    Last Activity
    03-15-2017 08:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 134 Times in 125 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,661 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the truth, we all need a dose of reality. Get up, try again. At least you haven't gained yet. Set yourself a five lb goal and work from there. Good luck.

Height 5' 10"

Weight 1st NUT appt- 342
    Day of surgery 7/11/13- 319
    One month 8/11/13- 290
    Two month 9/11/13- 273
    Three month 10/11/13- 264
    Four month 11/11/13- 260
    Five month 12/11/13-252
    Six month 01/11/14-248
    Seven month 02/11/14-243
    Eight month 03/11/14-240

Name
    Lea
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    01-13-2014 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 170 Times in 160 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

You are not so far from goal....try to incorporate a walk even 3 days a week and journal. One day at time....get thru the first day...u can do this!

Name
    Married
    Surgery date
    06/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Edward Mun
    Last Activity
    08-16-2014 01:09 AM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Hi there!
    You are tall just like I am!
    I am 7 weeks post op and stuck at 245 I eat about 800-900 calories right now...
    My weight doesn't go up or down...just remains at 245 lbs
    I just walk no realy rigorous exercise...Im scared to cus of my blood sugars..they are in the 100-140 most days...Dr. wants me to do strenous exercise....ugh..

Gastric Sleeve Member itsmytime's Avatar
    Name
    Misty
    Surgery date
    02/03/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-23-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 236 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 154 Times
    Blog Entries

Girl yes if you don't do ANYTHING else cut out that alcohol! LIQUID calories add up fast and we all know that some people have transfer addictions after weight loss surgery like alcohol. Not saying you are addicted to alcohol, it sounds like you're not, but just NIP IT IN THE BUD and keep it to special occasions only if you can! And yes, drink that water! I use the Mio flavors a lot. Good luck!

Starting BMI 2/3/2012 - 38
    Goal BMI-24! REACHED and BELOW!! 10/2012 Current BMI 21.0!
    The best goals reached are the ones hardest earned.