Dr. George Woodman
    Last Activity
    02-15-2015 08:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello

Hi Everyone,

I am in the beginning of getting approved for the gastric sleeve. I have researched and read alot of about the sleeve. Majority of what I have read has been really positive. You can all the medical sites about the procedures but to get the real "scoop" it is best to ask someone who has been thru the surgery. What advice would you give to someone who hasnt gotten the sleeve and is thinking about it.

Thanks,

Lisa

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sweetessa's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michel Gagner
    Last Activity
    03-04-2014 05:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Hello

My advice is to research your surgeon well, and prepare yourself mentally before you have the surgery. Write out a document with all the reasons you want to have this surgery and lose the weight, write out what you want to do and what you want to accomplish. Give yourself goals. So if you have a day that you feel upset or frustrated you can go back to that paper and remind yourself why you are doing this.
    Also make sure you have some support/help in place for when you get out of the hospital. Maybe hire a cleaner to help you for the first two weeks because you will probably be feeling tired and you need to rest and heal - having a messy house will just stress you out and that doesn't help with healing. Take it from me lol I didn't have cleaning help and it is not fun.
    Also make sure you have the things you will need for after the surgery, before you have it. Stock up on broths, soups, protein powders, basic household items. You won't want to go get groceries the day after being released if you have no help.
    Lastly, If you are serious about losing weight and becoming healthy, I really encourage you to go through with this and get sleeved if you are suitable for it I have no regrets. I am almost three weeks out. I am very happy with my progress, the surgery went much easier then I anticipated, and I am honestly shocked by how much I used to eat!! I am not having a hard time with the diet, it feels like the weight is just falling off with little effort LOL but of course everyone is different. Since pre-op I have lost almost 40lbs and it is just an incredible feeling. I can't imagine being able to have these kind of results if I had not done the surgery! Good luck

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

www.facebook.com/thesweetess <-- I am a cake artist, check out my work on facebook!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa Bond
    Surgery date
    04/28/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. George Woodman
    Last Activity
    02-15-2015 08:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Hello

Thank you Sweetessa! I have researched my surgeon and he has the best success rate even though his bed side manner needs some work. I have plenty of support ( I am thankful for that). I am still in the "getting approved" stage so I have a few more months before I will be able to have the surgery. How long were you on liquids before you went to soft foods? That is the one worry that I have is going thru the liquid stage.