Surgeon
    Mr Mannur
    Last Activity
    09-20-2013 05:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Hi

New to this forum, just come across it looking for support forums for us "sleevies". Hope to get some good tips to help me achieve my goal and help me to have the life ive just sat at home alone dreaming of. Cant wait to go to the pool on my own for the first time in about 20 years ! Cant wait to go out with friends without wearing too many layers of clothes to hide myself, but most of all, cant wait to have those extra years with my grandchildren, playing with them and being there for them, being happy is my goal in life now and i cant wait for this new journey to begin. Ive had my surgery on the 12th April 2013 so 4 days ago. Im feeling great, no problems and im determined to make this work for me. Ive lost 10lbs (4.5kgs) already going from 13st 7lbs to 12st 11lbs. Will make sure i get to my goal of 9st 7lbs / 10st within the next 2 years or less. But as long as im losing i will begin to live my life now. Ive already bought a new dress, which ive not worn for so many years, always find me in jeans !!!. I know for some my weight is something they wish they were now, but for me i am in the same boat no matter what weight we are now. We have all gone through the same feelings of distraught and cried the tears of that fat person, and we wont have to be like that again ! Im 58 now i have just come out of a 30 yr relationship after realising my weight was always the problem which turned me into his mother and made way for his cheating ways, no more! hes gone, my house sold, ive bought a new house, im retiring soon and ive got my new life mapped out and will make sure this next part on this planet will be the life i shouldve had when younger, and i know some of you people know exactly what im saying, thats why i joined this forum.
    Im knew to the diet so im getting used to the change, or at least trying to get used to it, still feel like i can eat a horse, though of course thats not going to happen, as for now its a few spoonfuls of soups and shakes. You dont get anything given to you, im taking this op as a step or a push thats going to get me in the right direction, like a baby being taught to eat the right foods again. But now i have the foresight to say no to the chocolate,cakes,biscuits etc that became all too simple to turn to before...new times for us all x

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    05/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Jon Armstrong
    Last Activity
    04-06-2015 05:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 331 Times
    Was Thanked 252 Times in 241 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,922 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi

Julie, stuff happens for a reason and always at the right time. You have a chance to turn your life around to the point where you will not recognise yourself. Wishing you every good thing.
    Highest weight ever - 108kgs, Surgery weight -101kgs, Goal weight - 65kgs

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    12/31/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Derek Weiss
    Last Activity
    12-26-2013 06:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

You can and will do this!! The changes will come quick enough to make your head spin, but it is so worth it. Jen is correct. Soon you will be passing a mirror, pause for maybe for the first time and think "who? what? wow!" Follow the "rules" and you will do great. When you begin to really see your progress, you won't miss or want to eat what you used to eat. I'm excited for you and wish you the best.

Gastric Sleeve Member Terrybellwith4kids's Avatar
    Name
    Terry
    Surgery date
    04/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr mcphail
    Last Activity
    07-10-2013 06:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 135 Times

Wow that is big changes in your life!!! All for the better that's great we had surgery the same day but I've only lost 2 pounds

Surgery date
    04/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr. Michael Hill
    Last Activity
    12-15-2013 08:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times

Welcome and congrats on the decisions to put YOU first! It's going to be a great journey and we are all here to share in the many ups and downs that we'll encounter along the way. Stay true to yourself...learn all that you can...and you will succeed!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    04/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan
    Last Activity
    05-09-2016 10:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 23 Times

Wow what a courageous post! You certainly are going through a complete overhaul of life but you're doing it with a brave face on! Congratulations on your brave journey. You are an inspiration to me prrsonally as im going through some major life changes at the moment in addition to my sleeve. Keep up the good work we are all cheering you on!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifton Thomas
    Last Activity
    03-14-2014 11:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 725 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Julie, I will be 57 on Saturday and had surgery Oct 2012. The greatest gift we can give our grandkids is to be around for a while. Congrats for taking the bull by the horns and keep us updated!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Mannur
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hey thanks you guys. ..I know it's hard to wait for a reply as you are over the pond and I'm in London uk so I have to wait till late to reply. Yes I am making those changes and know they are for the better and you know, for once in my life I can see my weight issues led me to become the person who was having her life sucked out of her to make his better! I took all the name calling etc and sat alone crying while he went out, I took the blame for my weight causing problems for lack of any bedroom activity, I became the little woman at home with his food and clothes ready for him to just go out with who he wanted knowing I'd still be there when he got back because who wants a fattie? I've gone to the gym, gone on the diets, taken the pills, starved and put my body and mind through endless turmoil... and he just laughed at me all the more. .. making those snide ass comments, sniggering as I walked past him, ignoring me in the street, and doing nothing as I become more of a recluse. I may not live my life now as I wouldve done in my 30s, but I can still do things in my late 50s that I know will surprise even me! I might even find a decent man! Thanks for the words of support.. my day today was spent resting as I have two weeks off work.. I'm doing well with the soups and shakes and I've bought some great spray vitamins and powder form of total supplements vits and mins which I make sure I take every morning. Can only have about 4 tablespoons of the soups etc but I'm doing well on the small cups of tea. . don't drink coffee. I'm not going to weigh myself till end of the week.. see if I get another surprise loss ! Will keep you updated! Oh and I still have no cravings? ?? It feels so weird!

Gastric Sleeve Member WaywardSmiles's Avatar
    Name
    TJ
    Surgery date
    04/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Boutt
    Last Activity
    06-28-2014 03:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times
    Blog Entries

Best wishes for Act 2! You deserve to be happy and are headed down the right path...congrats for choosing you!
    I am 5'8" large frame

Heaviest: 314 pounds
    Night before surgery:301.2
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, any one can start from now and make a brand new ending"-Carl Bard

Gastric Sleeve Member teachertoo's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    04/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nwanguma
    Last Activity
    06-24-2013 12:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times

You are strong...you are woman. And you're soon to be a very sexy woman!!! Looking great will be the best revenge!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Mannur
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

hi guys. ..well its now 2.56am and I can't sleep. . I'm tossing and turning and not sure if I'm hungry or what... I've got my water by my side 24/7 and started taking those sips again. I haven't been to the toilet properly since saturday, took some of the laxative (2 spoonfuls not the 4 or 6) so it could be that as my stomach is gurgling away! I'm not surprised of this new problem as I'm eating next to nothing now compared to last week when I ate every choc bar I felt like and 3 meals a day! wonder how many times I will have this problem what happens when I go back to work? All these different things going on with my body and so quickly I know I have to go with them but it's weird. I watched my sis and her man eat huge plates of Chinese food that was delivered to the door, the smell was devine and I was so tempted to snatch something off the plate, knew that would be a dumb idea and made my shake (small and thin shake at that) instead. But as I sat watching them, all I could see was two people shovelling piles of fat in their mouths and while they finished before I'd managed my little shake, out then came the tea and chocolate biscuits, and I must admit my longing for that sneaky bit off the plate, turned into "boy am I glad I've had what I've had and I'm full compared to what I've seen you eat! Then I got to thinking how I'm going to react when I see others eating the huge plates of food that is their norm after shoveling other foods down their throats all day! Visions of a clear tube with breakfasts snacks mid day dinner more snacks evening meals and more snacks with drinks of whatever all day going in and what it must all look like came to mind! What am I turning into? Is this what an anorexic feels like? BTW I've just got up to get a small (tiny) cup of milk, and weighed myself for something to do and cos I'm awake, and I've lost another lb so now 12st 10 !!! wonder if my sis and her man can say the same right now. . sounds bitchy but I'm smiling inside right now! ha ha

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Mannur
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Also just wanted to add that if you are struggling to find vitamins etc that are easy to add to your daily shakes then go online and check out www then betteryou then dot UK and dot com the reason it's written like that is because the forum changes the name and I know it's uk but I'm sure you can get same in usa. They do a powder called total nutrition superfood has all the vits and mins you need also a vitamin d oral spray and I have the magnesium oil spray too.. know it works as the consultant who operated on me asked what I'm taking as my vitamin counts are so good and I was on them two weeks only before my op. So easy to use and easy on the stomach

Gastric Sleeve Member Queensland Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Jo
    Surgery date
    05/03/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Hatzifotis
    Last Activity
    09-23-2013 04:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Congratulations on your surgery. Sounds like you are already making the mental changes you need. Your ex certainly put you through it didn't he? Still, the best revenge is a successful life!

I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life! Louise Hay

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Mannur
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hey. .I LOVE that saying " I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life". As for the scummy ex? He's not happy who he left me for and I am SO happy he's unhappy I hope it stays that way for his next 15 yrs as he made my life hell for that last amount of years together due to yet another affair he had. .. my next 15yrs are going to only get better. I'm better off anyway as I've got no one coming home abusing, cussing and calling me names, using his hands when he's words didn't look like they had bothered me enough. .. I'm going to be ok in mind. .a wow in body. . and ready for the rest of my life. . bring it on! Having my sleeve has given me the huge push I needed and is helping me to find me after many many years of not knowing who I was anymore! I want to marry my consultant Mr.Mannur! (sorry Mrs Mannur)

Gastric Sleeve Member teachertoo's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    04/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nwanguma
    Last Activity
    06-24-2013 12:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times

Julie, starting a new life won't be easy, but you are going to be a totally new person!!! Enjoy every day...write down your successes both little and big! I remember years ago Oprah had encouraged everyone to write down 5 small things they were thankful for that day. I did it for quite a while...it was wonderful to go back and review my life then. You might want to do this now because you are going to have a lot to be thankful for!