Dr. Hamilton
    Last Activity
    11-18-2013 01:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Medicare

Is it known to you that visit this site medicare does cover bariatic surgery ? I found out the first week of april the hopspital was about to submit for autorization with my insurance company and i found out i was approved for soical security disabilty the same week. At that time i notified my inurance case manager at the baratric center and she said well have some good news for you. she stated any day the hospital would be signing a contract with medicare for coverage and that as long as i met the criteria i would not have to wait for preapproval.. All but 1,500 is being paid by medicare and my secondary is picking up that balance. Please spread the word

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-24-2013 08:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Medicare

Sweets, I see that your Dr's name is Hamilton, would mind if I asked if he is at the Prairie Star Pavillion? Also how are you doing. I see your date was 4/10/13 and really hope all is well. The reason I'm asking about the doctor is that I referred to Dr. G. Brice Hamilton and have seen him twice. I have a lap band that has slipped and just awaiting approval to get it removed. He suggested I have an RNY but I am 70 and to me that is pretty serious, not that the sleeve isn't but your insides are not rearranged. So if you did have the same doctor, let me know how you are doing.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hamilton
    Last Activity
    11-18-2013 01:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

yes its dr brice hamilton and and was assited by one the other patners who have done thousands of the sleeve RNY surgeries. MY Gastroloigst suggest i have this surgery instead the gatric bi pass. im 59 and my husband kept saying why not live the rest your life eating what u want when u want? My reply to him is becase with my athertis so bad i want to be walking still when im 65.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-24-2013 08:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I'm planning on attending the support group and then going to the seminar. I trust Dr. Hamilton's recommendation of the RNY rather than the sleeve but in the research don't think it is for me. I do have arthritis in the knees and hips, but it doesn't bother me, that medication doesn't help and don't need that very often. My problem is diabetes and hypertension. They are both under control but because of the heart issue my cardiologist suggested lap band four years ago. I have 60 more pounds to lose and want to keep it off. I was a little scared as I have only seen Dr. Hamilton twice, my initial visit where he had found the band had slipped. (Brand by Dr. Hitchcock, who at that time was with Malley, formerly with KC Bariatric). Then the second time was when he did the endoscopy. I guess the next time is when he removes the band as never had a follow-up after that. Do you mind if I ask how you are doing after having the sleeve and your opinion of Dr. Hamilton? As far as the other two doctors in the practice I don't have an issue. They are the oldest Bariatric clinic, I believe, here in KC. So confident they know what they are doing. Yours throughts would be appreciated if you don't mind.