Last Activity
    09-16-2013 01:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Having some doubts...

Good afternoon,

I have just booked my surgery for June 14, 2013 with Dr. Mario Almanza and I just read some scary post and was just looking to hear more experiences its so easy to hear the bad and sometimes hard to find good experiences. After reading the bad I am wondering if I should just be patient and try and get it done here in Alberta. I am just impatient especially after my flight experience last week where I could barely fit into the seat with the arm rest down it was horrible and gave me even more determination to get the surgery done.

HELP!!!!!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Guess
    Surgery date
    03/11/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-18-2015 11:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 707 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Having some doubts...

I too am from Alberta and went with Dr. Sergio Quinones. I liked that he only did a max of 4 surgeries a day and he was great with us...... (There was just 2 my day)....he laughed and joked and even came in on his day off and to the hotel to check on us (the other girl had a few small issues being diabetic). I would do it again with my doctor in a heartbeat (and I loved the staff....they were so great....even with the language barrier!) I detail blogged my experience if u wanna take a look at it! Cheers!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Di
    Surgery date
    02/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza Mexico
    Last Activity
    05-12-2015 06:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Having some doubts...

You have to do what feels right in your heart. I have heard the bad about Dr's and I am also a good for Dr Almanza. He does do a lot of surgeries in one day but he does them well. You will NOT be pampered by staff but you will be well taken care of. You will NOT come home feeling like you have just returned from a relaxing vacation. It happens fast and you are encouraged to get up and get moving hours after surgery. It turned out to be a very good thing. You are kept a little busy going back to the clinic for fluids and then again to have the drain removed and then off to the radiology place for your leak test but in my opinion it was a good thing. I wasn't tempted to just lay around and whine about the gas pain in my belly. It kept me up and moving. I would certainly go back to Dr Almanza if I had a do over. Culture shock was a biggy but not earth shattering.