09/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Rothchild
    Said "Thanks" 181 Times
    Was Thanked 530 Times in 430 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12,041 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Its nice to be understood

I am glad you guys understand me I posted a thread a few days ago about a new news segment and a woman and reporter making a big deal out of being healthier during pregnancy which makes my brain come to a screeching halt and scream " NO How about not only while you are pregnant but while you are ALIVE its better to be healthier" so that was that other post.
    This has been eating at me all weekend and my husband suggested I submit a few ideas on greener healthy living to the show and try to get on there that way I can speak to a much broader audience rather than him LOL. But you guys on this site really seem to understand what bothers me so much. I think I feel that I know how to love myself with food now and why not LOVE my family with the same wonderful thing so that my children learn what is healthy and what is not healthy. I guess I feel if we love our families as much as we say we do then why do people go on these diets alone and not expect their families to eat the same thing. I had this issue with my fatherinlaw on the phone today. we are going to their family reunion thing in June but its a big food based event and Dad calls and asks if we are coming or not so he can pay for us and I tell him that we probably wont be able to eat the food they are serving (its being catered) and he should understand that we WILL be there but we will NOT be eating so dont pay for meals that wont be eaten. He says back to me to just have Dave call him because he cant understand why we wont be eating. I tried to explain my children are ultra sensitive to colors, chemicals, and things like high fructose corn syrup so we no longer eat those products. I guess it took Dave another 30 minutes of explaining to make his father understand. It baffles my mind that I have to talk till I am blue in the face and still he doesnt understand that we ONLY eat REAL foods now. Eating better and living healthier shouldnt be so damn hard, its like people go out of their way to not understand at times lol. Sorry to rant but thanks
    "Its Not Hard Its Just New!"
    Transforming from caterpillar to butterfly to phoenix!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mike
    Surgery date
    12/17/2012
    Surgeon
    Bryan Parrent
    Last Activity
    08-14-2013 09:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Its nice to be understood

Believe me, I understand how it is to have family that equate food consumption with love. My mom is Sicilian and can't understand why I don't eat more or wont eat her pasta like other good Italians who love their mothers. It basically came down to this: their hangups are their hangups not mine. I'm in control and they will just have to adapt. My health is more important than their desire to see me stuff my face and feel good about themselves. Lol ok enough from me. I'm starting to rant. Stay strong and remember your health is more important than any kind of family BS.