Surgeon
    Dr. Lana Nelson
    Last Activity
    01-15-2015 12:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

Default Hello!

Hi I am Daniel. After many years of dieting, with some success and mostly failure I have decided to have the gastric sleeve procedure. I have just started the procedure so I am roughly 3 months away from the big day! I am both very excited and very scared. So far I have lost 20 lbs. in the staring phase of the journey. In the past I have lost over 200 lbs before on a diet but unfortunately I gained it all back and some more. I am a little concerned about depression. When I lost the weight before I was just depressed and not happy with myself before I lost the weight. But this time I am determined to lose the weight and keep it off and be HAPPY!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-24-2016 07:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 80 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 100 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello!

I think everyone goes through something. Just remember why you're doing it. And what the plus is to being healthier. Good luck and welcome. Everyone her e will be glad to help at any time. Don't be afraid to ask anything. Wish you the best

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Luke Stark
    Surgery date
    03/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Gee
    Last Activity
    03-17-2015 07:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 278 Times in 222 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 124 Times
    Blog Entries

Hiya Daniel! Welcome and what were you depressed about? At being fat before losing the weight, or depressed after due to your loss of food (which isn't really a loss, but our brains are weird and can really mourn our "divorce from food" as they say.)

Regardless, you can do it! Be strong!
    <hr/>
    Bored? Luke's Blog is only happy thoughts. Join me!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member vickybeads's Avatar
    Name
    Victoria
    Surgery date
    11/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Stewart, Denton TX
    Last Activity
    11-09-2015 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times
    Was Thanked 100 Times in 96 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 146 Times

Thumbs up Re: Hello!

Or was your depression because you knew, from past experience, that you would probably gain the weight back? This is a whole different ballgame. It's a permanent, wonderful, life altering change. We'll be here for you each step of the way. You can do this! You've already taken the first steps.
    <small>
    MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods</small>
    GOAL! Woo hoo! Now to maintain, or maybe add a few!
    Last Weigh-in: 1/13/15, 136.4
    Next Weigh-in: 1/19/15

8. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Roslin
    Last Activity
    06-02-2015 07:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Welcome aboard..and best of luck to you...!!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    09/26/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-04-2015 07:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,082 Times
    Blog Entries

Hey Daniel, welcome to the forum and best of luck on your journey. Saw this post and thought you might be interested in taking a look.

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/t...e-surgery.html

13. Said thanks:

Name
    Daniel Tinkham
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lana Nelson
    Last Activity
    01-15-2015 12:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I really not sure why I was depressed after losing the weight??? You would think it would be the opposite. I believe it was a combination of many factors. Being scared that I would gain the weight back, to self esteem issues, feeling now that you have expectations in meeting someone and being happy. I do agree that exercise is a great way to help fight the depression bug. After thinking about my prior weight loss success and subsequent weight gain. I was addicted to the GYM. I was very active 6 days a week, 2 to 3 hours a day. It seemed like the gym ruled my life instead of FOOD. I even would take a cab or catch a ride when my car was in the shop. I couldn't miss a day. Also hit the golf course daily. I guess my thinking was if I wasn't at home I wouldn't have the urge to eat!!! With that said after thinking about the weight gain I didn't even want to leave my house so exercise was out of question. When I did the leave my house it was to go get food. It is hard to start exercising but once you get it to it is just as hard to quit exercising.

Again thanks for the support! This forum may the greatest tool to help with the Journey to Weight Loss!

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    05/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Jon Armstrong
    Last Activity
    04-06-2015 05:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 331 Times
    Was Thanked 252 Times in 241 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,922 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanielT View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I really not sure why I was depressed after losing the weight??? You would think it would be the opposite. I believe it was a combination of many factors. Being scared that I would gain the weight back, to self esteem issues, feeling now that you have expectations in meeting someone and being happy. I do agree that exercise is a great way to help fight the depression bug. After thinking about my prior weight loss success and subsequent weight gain. I was addicted to the GYM. I was very active 6 days a week, 2 to 3 hours a day. It seemed like the gym ruled my life instead of FOOD. I even would take a cab or catch a ride when my car was in the shop. I couldn't miss a day. Also hit the golf course daily. I guess my thinking was if I wasn't at home I wouldn't have the urge to eat!!! With that said after thinking about the weight gain I didn't even want to leave my house so exercise was out of question. When I did the leave my house it was to go get food. It is hard to start exercising but once you get it to it is just as hard to quit exercising.

Again thanks for the support! This forum may the greatest tool to help with the Journey to Weight Loss!
    This sounds like me. I only ever seem to be able to lose 15kgs at a time. When I'm losing, I'm exercising like a woman possessed. When I put on a little, I hibernate and cut myself off. It's like the good times are gone and getting back on to the diet and exercise regime is just a hill too steep to climb, so I just stop trying. It's maybe because the weight comes back on when I let my guard even the slightest - its absolutely crushing. A fight I never win. PLUS the expectation that now your slimmer, looking better, feeling better, that you will find a partner - nup, didn't happen for me and again felt like a failure. This whole thing is exhausting. Utterly demoralising to lose weight - and losing weight is not easy for me - and then slowly, ever so slowly, lose the battle of keeping it off. It's taken me 8 years to put back on the 15kgs I lost, but when I put it back on I know I aged about 20 years. I feel old, I'm viewed as old and I'm spiritually tired. Putting the weight back on also - in conjunction with a bunch of other things slung me into a deep depression that I have only just come to recognise and fight my way out of. Basically, I'm so very very tired of this way of life. If I'm going to have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, I may as well do it with a tool that will stop the inevitable regaining the lost weight.
    Highest weight ever - 108kgs, Surgery weight -101kgs, Goal weight - 65kgs

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Welcome
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

Name
    Pam
    Surgery date
    03/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Blair
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 04:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Welcome friend! This is the place to be! Hang in there with this board!