05/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Donald Balder
    Last Activity
    09-10-2013 01:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Unhappy Funding sleeve?i have tried to get loans with no luck they say we are maxed out.i have tried family,they say negative stuff

about the surgery so they wont help.i have no land so,no help there.i am just about unable to walk.what am i going to do?we need a help funds jar here,i think.i would be willing to put a few dollars in for others each time.someone please tell me what to do.thx

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Funding sleeve?i have tried to get loans with no luck they say we are maxed out.i have tried family,they say negative stu

Garage sale, collect plastics/cans, sell items on Amazon.com and Craigslist and when people ask you what you want for your birthday/Christmas, say money for the best present to yourself! It's a damn shame your family says negative stuff. Thank god for my dad and sister. Good luck and God Bless! Jen

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Funding sleeve?i have tried to get loans with no luck they say we are maxed out.i have tried family,they say negative stu

On weekends, go to parks or places where they have sporting events. People through a lot of cans and water bottles away.

Gastric Sleeve Member gemini*eyes's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    02-05-2014 11:15 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 70 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times
    Blog Entries

ill tell ya what i did.. i paid cash in mexico.. 4000.00 total.. i looked around at all the material things i had and i started selling everything on ebay.. everything i could live with never seeing again.. two months later i had the money.. all u need is a camera and a computer.. sell used purses jewelry heels cuttings from a cactus plant i have thats rare.. i made 400 bucks from that cactus.. seriously!! i went to yard sales and swapmeets and sold stuff.. i spent a day cleaning out my sisters garage and she let me sell and split the money.. do whatever you can.. tax money.. best damn thing ive ever done.. b ut be prepared cause the expenses dont stop at surgery. theres protein and vitamins and shrinking clothes.. its a freaking endless hole good luck.. get motivated honey you can figure it out!!! my surgery was awesome .. no pain.. easy recovery.. Mexico is the best!!!!!! i know u cant walk far so do SOMETHING NOW!!!!! liquid diet or you wont qualify for surgery anyway.. bake sales.. car washes.. whatever.. and i chose not to tell my family exactly to avoid what your hearing!!!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member A_New_Meek's Avatar
    Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    10-05-2021 01:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

I personally put all the money on this ins card from my job and they take a lil back each paycheck,I put 2100 on there and used 1200 for the surgery with some left for future needs. do you have that option? If so use it its such a tremendous help.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member slim_again's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Quinones
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Ebay is a great suggestion. I would also offer to clean homes on the side. It's great exercise and people will pay $100-300/pop for that kind of extra work. Mind you to get repeat business I'm sure you'd have to do a really great job but the little lady that i hire makes a small side fortune that's not taxed because she's great and just through word of mouth she's got a huge following.
    Doggie walking is another option, just pays less.
    Bottles and cans is a great suggestion too. There's money all over the place, it's just effort that's required.

Ellen Degeneres: "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

All the above are great ideas! Many people I have seen on this forum over the last year and a half have been in the same situation as you are and have somehow managed to find a way get their surgery. Some have come right out and asked for money but, trust me, that does not work here. You need to take responsibility for your surgery as many of us have. I paid cash, also, $5500. Every payday, I sent a payment IN ADVANCE until I was able to have the surgery performed. Use your head...not your hand...you will come up with a way if the will is there.

Gastric Sleeve Member tbrownperkins's Avatar
    Name
    candy
    Surgery date
    02/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hungess
    Last Activity
    04-25-2018 05:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 866 Times
    Blog Entries

My name is candy I live in Chicago Illinois. go to Northwestern Hospital, they have funds that you can apply for, they tell you to apply for these funds just in case you don't get approved by your insurance. I received my approval letter two weeks later , that they will pay for the surgery one hundred percent I was also approved by my medicaid and medicare. So check At the major hospitals in your city .
    Good luck my Surgery is February 25th.

Name
    Kelly
    Surgery date
    07/02/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Oliphant
    Last Activity
    07-20-2013 10:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Hi there I first off wanted to welcome you this site I have found is a great resource for questions and support on all levels.I wanted to say that I have Illinois medicaid and have for the past 6mnths going through the process to be approved through them.Do you have insurance?YOu should also check with your local hospitals!There is help out there you just have to find it.Good Luck to you!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    natty
    Surgery date
    03/19/2013
    Surgeon
    dr almanza
    Last Activity
    02-09-2014 03:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

why dont u do a youtube video asking people to donate 4749 dollars for surgery. here in tijuana mexico with dr mario almanza. i did a video but no one donated but maybe u will have better luck. i had to borrow money from a relative. i will have to pay back so i will have a year to pay back hopefully my job will give me more work. if not i will ask my ex for a loan and pay him off little by little. dont give up. dr almanza is a good doctor. i have my surger march 19. i am on the liquid diet and this is the hardest thing i have had to do in my life but i am at 312 and 5"2 and i am doing this to change my life for the better. ur video will be ur salvation. go for it. take care and good luck

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    05/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Jon Armstrong
    Last Activity
    04-06-2015 05:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 331 Times
    Was Thanked 252 Times in 241 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,922 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amcmillan View Post
    about the surgery so they wont help.i have no land so,no help there.i am just about unable to walk.what am i going to do?we need a help funds jar here,i think.i would be willing to put a few dollars in for others each time.someone please tell me what to do.thx
    Feel for you, but you are going to have to do what the rest of us do - knuckle down and do the hard stuff. There have been some great suggestions already for practical activities and the liquid diet suggestion is also terrific because you're likely to be doing that anyway should you succeed in getting your sleeve. Taking more exercise and saving where you can on transport has benefits in two areas - money and health.
    Before you start throwing things at your PC and screaming at me that I don't understand - I do. I struggle to diet, I struggle to do what I have to do financially, I worry about work and keeping my job. We simply cannot get around it - it takes hard work, it takes commitment - both of which are made even harder to do when your head is not in the game.
    Sorry mate, I'm struggling in every which way myself and would not be donating to the cause, simply because you appreciate what you work for. Makes the having so much sweeter. Sorry for the tough love, but having read the stories of those that have had their surgery - post sleeve is not without its issues and challenges. Might as well start now.
    Highest weight ever - 108kgs, Surgery weight -101kgs, Goal weight - 65kgs

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    natty
    Surgery date
    03/19/2013
    Surgeon
    dr almanza
    Last Activity
    02-09-2014 03:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

dont let the negative coments affect u from members on here. just stay postive and do what u think is best for u. what u feel is comfortable is for u.
    think of creative ways to fund it. iam sure u will come up with a plan. Some people are not very understanding but i do feel u. i felt the same way u do. i did what i thought was best and fortunately i found a way. take care and think positve my friend. dont give up on trying to find a way to pay for ur surgery.

Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Have you tried carecredit? They are specifically for medical and not as hard to get.

If you are short on income, do you perhaps qualify for medicaid and they might pay? I've seen folks here get theirs though the gov't before.
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

Gastric Sleeve Member christine53's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    03-01-2015 10:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 229 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 162 Times
    Blog Entries

Medicaid, our tax dollars pays that for you then you won't have to pay it back

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-27-2014 12:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

If you are unable to walk have you thought about applying for Medicare disability insurance? Medicare does pay for the procedure.