Dr Alan Thomas
    Last Activity
    04-06-2014 10:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Smile StacyE on the way to better health

Hi,
    My name is Stacy. I'm 47 and have been obese for ever. I did loose the weight through diet and exercise about 18 years ago (before meeting husband) but have kept gaining since then. I'm being sleeved next week and really looking forward to it. I am still a little nervous about the surgery but know that this is the only way for me to loose the weight and keep it off.

My weight has never been a problem health wise - never physically stopped me doing what I wanted - only mentally because I always thought that I would look gross doing that at this size. A close friend has always been health conscious - not more than 5kg over ideal weight, always exercised, ate healthily, etc and when she hit 50 got lots of health problems - high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. I decided if it happened to her then I really need to do something about my weight now and try to stop these things happening to me.

I started out with Boot camp - which I enjoyed. I lasted the 12 weeks that I set myself but could not maintain that level of intensity. I have been exercising regularly for the last 14 months and now consider the exercise intigrated into my lifestyle.

I feel that my diet has not been too bad, but my portion control is non-existant. This is now being addressed!!!

Can't wait. No more excuses for me. I'm going to be at a health weight and exjoy every minute of it !!!!!!.

Any words of advice greatly accepted.
    thanks,
    Stacy

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-20-2015 03:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Default Re: StacyE on the way to better health

Hi Stacy

Welcome aboard!
    You've made a terrific start by doing regular exercise and now your
    portion size will be under control....yeah!
    All the best for your surgery next week.
    Please keep us informed as to how you go.
    Good luck :-))

JG

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Hollywood_B1983's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Brandon
    Surgery date
    10/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodriguez
    Last Activity
    09-21-2011 08:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 172 Times in 90 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 56 Times

Congrats on your Journey! I am scheduled for Oct. 11th. I was going to start a two week pre op diet on the 28th of this month, but I just found out I weigh more than I thought I did, and am starting a 4week pre op diet tomorrow! Two weeks sounded hard enough, now I have an extra 2! But as Jersey said, you are already doing great if you are exercising! Especially with one of those bootcamp programs, I have an aunt and uncle who have both lost a ton of weight doing them. They weren't obese, but were kinda big, but not anymore...and with your working out, and this surgery you will be down to your ideal weight before you know it!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgeon
    Dr Alan Thomas
    Last Activity
    04-06-2014 10:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Wow, how great is this site. Thankyou for the support. I haven't told a lot of people about my surgery - only a couple of very close friends. The friends have been great but having you guys who are going through the same thing is the best!!! Thankyou so much for your support - I know I am doing the right thing for myself but it is still good to connect with you all. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou.

9. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member sandyfromoz's Avatar
    Name
    sandyfromoz
    Surgery date
    02/09/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Budak
    Last Activity
    01-18-2020 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6,066 Times
    Was Thanked 663 Times in 363 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 468 Times

Hi Stacey, how exciting for you.Now don't go jumping out of your skin or anything,hehehe Says me who every time I read about a fellow member on here, I want to jump and down and cheer you on. I will add you on my friend list if that's ok, and keep us up to date on your journey, everything, ok? No hiding the nitty gritty, every detail.From the gorgeous paper lingerie they give you for the Op to the movies you watch while in Hospital.
    Ok Ok, I will go now, told you I get excited.
    Best wishes.
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents