Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-13-2013 04:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Mommy Makeover @ Jerusalem Hospital

my doctor asked me for 6 months minimum on having stabilized my weigh. and i had 2 years from my sleeve

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

my doctor was doctor egana and i had my surgery around 10 am. he does surgery in a hospital and i was able to see at least 4 OR so he just dedicate his time to us (we were 3)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

lea i had surgery saturday 19th in tijuana mexico, doctor egana is my surgeon. i knew from him because some friends of mine recommend him as they had surgery with him to.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

you are right msvtrn it is really important that your surgeon know why yo are there, actually dr egana was able to call us by our names since he said hi for the first time and he knew what procedures he told us wen he evaluates our photos but any way he check on us again and explain us what to spect and ask us if we were ok with it. i spend 7 days there and I'm glad i spend that time because i felt not in a 100% but it was not that bad the way back home, so it is important to spend some time near your doctor, he needs to check on drains for example, he went to the hotel twice a day to check on us, oh one more thing every girl had her own hospital and hotel room, he gave us his cel phone number and the people form the hospital and from the hotel know him really well as i can tell, so i felt safe that if we may need something there where many ways to contact him, the hospital its across the street from the hotel and his office its on the other side of the side walk.

Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    01/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Sergio Quinones
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 49 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,008 Times
    Blog Entries

@k-rose60 was Dr. Juan Francisco Egaņa in Tijuana your plastic surgeon???

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member workinprogress40's Avatar
    Name
    Latonyia
    Surgery date
    08/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-17-2014 10:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times
    Blog Entries

You got to realize all drs. Have different requriments i spoke to several doctors in texas they dont have a time frame but a weight requirement i have to be atleast 200 one said 220 and that dont make it wrong, every doctor is different you just have to choose one you feel better about. I also think people who go to Mexico have to be really open minded and everybody experience is different. I personally would want to stay longer cause i dont want to fly on a plane with drains and i dont want to worry about taking them out or finding someone to take them out, but that is my opinion and the price is not too for off for Mexico i seen prices from 5900- 8000 in Mexico. And you also got to remember Dr Neibles became well known through Jeruselum Hospital working with Dr Almanza and word of mouth and through christy if it wasnt for christy being his coordinater people wouldnt know to much about him when he worked in JH he didnt require you send pictures but that dont make him a bad doctor but when he got on his own he started wanting pics but that dont make him a bad doctor. I do think if you choose JH you make sure they are going to have the same care as the dr Almanza patients i felt really good about the care when i got sleeved. But at the end of the day there is good and bad docs in every country you just have to research, reasearch. I m personally leaning to have my surgery with Dr niebles but im also looking into all my options with surgeons in Tx and im going to call about Dr Yannez because i think he is a good surgeon as well.

Name
    Peggy
    Surgery date
    07/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lalor
    Last Activity
    04-22-2015 04:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 197 Times
    Was Thanked 346 Times in 318 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 107 Times
    Blog Entries

Almost a year ago I had my double mastectomies with reconstruction. I only had the major part of the reconstruction done (still waiting on my nipples) because I knew that I was getting sleeved a few months later. Anyhow, my dr here said he wanted to wait until I reached my goal wait and maintained for 6 months before going back into the boobs for any adjustments that needed done and to do the nipples. For me, since my new boobs were from my own body, they will gain and lose just like the rest of me. He said it can take up to 2 years for your skin and body to settle into their final shape after major weight loss.

I will say though, I can totally understand the urgency for those with major extra skin, especially in the panni area. There are just some things clothes can't hide. I know that I would love to have my thighs and arms done, but doubt I'll ever be able to afford it. Maybe after a few kids move out! lol I'll just cross my fingers and hope in a couple of years most of the skins shrinks up to tolerable.
    ~~Peggy~~
    Highest weight: 249
    Weight at pre-op: 224
    Weight at surgery: 216

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLoard View Post
    @k-rose60 was Dr. Juan Francisco Egaņa in Tijuana your plastic surgeon???
    dr juan francisco egana he is my surgeon

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by pack89 View Post
    Almost a year ago I had my double mastectomies with reconstruction. I only had the major part of the reconstruction done (still waiting on my nipples) because I knew that I was getting sleeved a few months later. Anyhow, my dr here said he wanted to wait until I reached my goal wait and maintained for 6 months before going back into the boobs for any adjustments that needed done and to do the nipples. For me, since my new boobs were from my own body, they will gain and lose just like the rest of me. He said it can take up to 2 years for your skin and body to settle into their final shape after major weight loss.

I will say though, I can totally understand the urgency for those with major extra skin, especially in the panni area. There are just some things clothes can't hide. I know that I would love to have my thighs and arms done, but doubt I'll ever be able to afford it. Maybe after a few kids move out! lol I'll just cross my fingers and hope in a couple of years most of the skins shrinks up to tolerable.
    yes you are right 6 dr egana ask me for 6 months stabilized before my cosmetic surgery.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

some one send me a msg saying that dr egana is not a plastic surgeon and have no speciality.... of course he is not a plastic surgeon, he is a master degree (a master degree is higher than a specialty one) in cosmetic surgery and he show us all his credentials that prove that he is a CERTIFIED cosmetic surgeon, so i don't think is fair for a doctor who have all his papers in rule and also have a higher degree to have some people talking on his back saying that he is not certified. guys do some research about the doctors and the places where they work so you don't end in the hands of some doctors group that don't care if they lie jut to get some busyness. dr egana is the doctor of a friend of mine and her friends and I'm really happy with the results as you can see, but it really bothers me that some one send me a msg saying that he is not certified. he is taking such nice care of us that i feel that the minimum thing i can do back is not allow some one to say things that are not true about him or his team.
    sorry guys if I'm making this a big deal but i don't think is fair for him.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-06-2013 07:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

thats true!!!, dr eganais my doctor to and he showed to me, karen and laura (laura is the other gig that had surgery same weekend we had)his credentials, I'm really happy with the results I'm having with him and his team. this are my before and after (4th day) photos he send me.
    Attached Images

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMorales View Post
    Okay people this morning I received a call from Heather @ Jerusalem Hospital. It appears that they are back into plastics and scheduling for mommy makeovers. Apparently their stays are now 10 days for this procedure and the cost is $7500 and their surgeon is Dr. Yanez. I was informing Heather that I was aware that I should wait at least a year after Wl surgery before having the MM. And her response was No I didn't That I could have it done as soon as 6 monthe post op..Hmmmmm?? That didnt sound right to me. I just need more information ...Is this true? Is this a good price for what they're offering and does anyone have any feedback on Dr. Yanez ?
    I'm going to be honest I've been really considering Dr. Nieble, but would just like to get some feedback on both. I have heard good and bad so just want to know if anyone would like to share their experience? I do still have some time before i'm going to have this procedure done.However, I do want to do some research ahead of time.
    That seems kinda high just for the MMO. Does it include the Brazilian Butt? Or just the standard MMO?
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

does that price include air fare, hotel, garments etc and what procedures?

Name
    BB
    Surgery date
    05/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ayloo
    Last Activity
    06-03-2013 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 154 Times in 152 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 167 Times
    Blog Entries

my surgeon wants me to be at a stable weight for one year.

288 - Highest weight on March 2012
    268 - Weigh before starting pre-op diet on May 14 2012. 20lb loss
    258 - Weight on surgery on May 29 2012. 10lb loss from pre op
    224 - 2 months post op (July 30 2012).
    178 - 7.5 m out. total loss 110, post op 72lb

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    09-30-2014 12:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

I would suggest that anyone thinking of having an MMO in another country have a local consult done first.
    My family doctor, and (supposedly) the best plastic surgeon in my city both agreed that there was no reason for me to wait to have plastic surgery; after only 2 months of being at a stable weight. Another girl who was at the plastic surgeon the same day as me for her pre-op told me that the dr. made her wait a year and a half of being at a stable weight.

Everyone is different physically, and in their lifestyle/activity levels.
    Consults are inexpensive (or free).. it's totally worth it for the peace of mind that you're doing the best thing for yourself, and not just falling victim to those who care more about your money than your health and happiness.
    Highest known weight: 463lbs.
    Weight on surgery day: 321lbs.