Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-29-2010 07:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question Weight Gain?????

I had my surgery on 22 July.....I have started getting a little concerned as I have gained 3 lbs......Is this normal? Here is my weight loss so far:

February 22: 233lbs
    May 22: 219
    July 22 (surgery day): 219
    3 week post: 198
    Aug 12: 194
    Aug 29: 198

Does anyone experience the roller coaster with their gastric sleeve?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 123 Times in 26 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Weight Gain?????

Could it be related to water retention around your period or ovulation week? I always gain a couple of pounds right before my period. It's water weight, and I take Pamprin to offset the cramps and bloating.

That's really the only time experience fluxes in my weight, and I've been in maintenance for over 4 months.

4. Said thanks:

Last Activity
    03-12-2014 01:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

Default Re: Weight Gain?????

Hi Callie,

Good advice from Tiffany Joe. There are all sorts of things which impact on our daily weight. Plateaus and small increases are normal as long as the overall trend is downwards. When you consider the small amount of food we are consuming each day compared with what we used to eat (and even compared with what the rest of our family and friends are eating), you'd have eat an awful lot of junk to get enough calories for your weight to trend upwards. Without changing food intake or activity level last month my weight went up and hasn't changed for four weeks. I imagine that my metabolism is constantly adjusting and I've plateaued before. I've read many examples of plateaus and small increases. You'll note from reading the different posts on this and other sites that we all lose weight at quite different rates. Just keep doing all the right things and it will have start going down again when your body is ready.

cheers

Grover
    VSG: Good Decision, Good Health, Good Result, No Regrets.