Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 135 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

Default Re: DR Quinones NIGHTMARE

This is true- this lady wanted a free surgery and this is how she got it. This is a warning, In the country of Mexico by law once services have been rendered services has to be paid on the spot. Eva Young Chavez aka "NewMe82" came to our group and had a gastric bypass on 11/12/2012 she received medical services performed by Dr.Quinones. She started to making excuses about care and services, had her mother call and insult staff and doctor. Dr.Quinones out of his own pocket paid $1,000.00 for her to go to San Diego to a hospital even though she was completely fine. Eva gave a non-valid cashiers check for $5,300.00 cashiers check had a stop payment on it, and due to the holiday the check was not able to be verified until the next day, after she left the country. Eva has been reported to Mexican and US authorities as a person who has committed a fraud. Medical records and witnesses have testified to that fact and if she returns to Mexico she will be detained as soon as she enters the country. Eva has threatened to defame, the doctor and we would like to share the true facts of this issue with patients first. We will be pursuing this matter.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Blessed to have had my Sleeve and now the Journey Ensues:
    Highest Weight 2012 - 272 lbs
    Lowest Weight 1999 - 150 lbs
    Start pre-op diet - 272 lbs
    Date of surgery - 272 lbs (10/23/12)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Enfury8me's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    10/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 135 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

This lady needs to see a psychiatrist not a sleeve surgeon!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Blessed to have had my Sleeve and now the Journey Ensues:
    Highest Weight 2012 - 272 lbs
    Lowest Weight 1999 - 150 lbs
    Start pre-op diet - 272 lbs
    Date of surgery - 272 lbs (10/23/12)

Gastric Sleeve Member coolmamma73's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    03-25-2013 07:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

The simple answer is that a stop payment is NOT permitted on a cashier’s check, teller’s check, or certified check regardless of the reasoning behind it! Section 3.411 of the UCC imposes damages against a bank that wrongfully refuses to honor a cashier's, teller's or certified check or stops pay on one of those. You CAN re-issue these items after 90 days if a party gives you a declaration of loss under section 3.312, asserting that the item is lost, destroyed or stolen.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member gemini*eyes's Avatar
    Surgery date
    11/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    02-05-2014 11:15 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 70 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times
    Blog Entries

Seriously... The bank would never get involved in making the decision to reverse or approve a transaction based on botched surgery. This is a crock! If that was the case then all of the people with botched jobs would get their money back and none of us would ever be worried about our money spent. As sure as heck no San Diego Dr is gonna get on the line with the bank and tell them to stop payment on your mexico surgery decision. LOL.. Thats too funny... I believe "if" she is in the hospital then something is wrong. However this crap about the cashiers check, I cannot take a side because Henry has no business giving information about another patient to anyone. Henry is only the go between to schedule the surgery and make sure its paid for. He has nothing to do with anything after that. He missed out on his percentage on this girl but I don't understand how anyone on this forum would really have the facts when it happened last night. I sure hope they don't give my information out to anyone on this forum that calls and asks. Just sayin'.. Im not defending someone fradulent at all. I just thought there was some patient Dr confidentiality so I question it all really.. All I know is that I hold my head high knowning I paid the Dr. his portion of what he deserves, the way it should be. She also said she would tell us all that went wrong. How botched can it be. ? The man is a fully qualified experienced surgeon in the bariatrics field. Things can go wrong, but botched? To cancel a cashiers check means going into the bank and handing it over to them and then getting your money back. There is no way she could be in possession of a REAL cashiers check that was cancelled two weeks ago, unless she said it was lost or stolen. Which she very well may have done. I read her prior posts and she backed up this Dr. to a point and even though I had surgery with him and I want to defend him, I have to believe something is wrong and that is why she is in fact in the ER or ICU. they dont just take in healthy people, you basically have to be dying. And I believe Henry confirmed to people on this forum she is in the hospital. Could Henry be lying? Do surgeons in the US give money back of the operation goes south. I think not!

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

oh, and this is what you wrote in a post a while back. If you felt this way, why would you go to him for surgery?? This is from the thread about not getting a refund from him. My theory is maybe you did go ahead with him knowing you would scam him all along and people would think this was another problem with him. Hmmmm!!!

From you in this thread: Re: I am so upset right now!! Quinones Bounced refund check.

"I just cancelled my surgery with him. I am not even ok with this behavior. Between this and the ladies he performed mini gastric bypasses and not actual bypasses on I just do not trust him any longer. "

Sooo, you would entrust your LIFE with this Dr when you say you dont trust him?? WOW!

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    11/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

That is not the same girl! That post was from a black girl called Mirnsy. Who said she already had the sleeve with Dr Pompa.. How do you tye this post about the bounced check with this hispanic girl called newme82 ? Im confused. Thats a totally different person your referring to.

Name
    Tami
    Surgeon
    Dr M. Hatter
    Last Activity
    04-07-2016 07:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times
    Blog Entries

It is downright sad that anybody would be so deviant and fraudulent for something such as this. I did not go to Mexico and I only hear of these MD's on this forum.. but I have heard nothing but praise for them, the hospitals and the services they provide. I am questioning why someone would come onto this gastric sleeve forum stating she had a bypass?? Then the statement that she is "in ICU and not doing well" but is on this forum arguing her point, clearly sends a different message to me! I have worked as an RN for many years and I've seen people make up stuff before to get what they want, no matter how many heartaches and problems it can cause a good physician or hospital. If this is the case, I hope they catch her and put her in jail for a long time and also make her pay restitution and charge her mother as an accessory if she is in on the scam!

12. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gemini*eyes View Post
    That is not the same girl! That post was from a black girl called Mirnsy. Who said she already had the sleeve with Dr Pompa.. How do you tye this post about the bounced check with this hispanic girl called newme82 ? Im confused. Thats a totally different person your referring to.
    Her post is on page 2 of that topic. She did not start the post,
    But in her defense, she did recant her opinion in a later post. So really, who knows, and frankly, not my business, so I will bow out now gracefully, lol. I really hope that she gets better though!

Surgery date
    11/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Great advice coolmamma. I see now what you meant about her post. I had surgery with this doc a week ago and I cannot believe this story at all. I had such a good experience. Im sure someone will post an update on here soon. Im going to back away from the computer now so I can heal gracefully. I just wanted to say in the future if I need my gall bladder out I wouldn't go to anyone else but Quinones. I know its a personal opinon but I dont see why such a young girl would get a bypass vs the sleeve anyway.. None of my business either and now im done too! If you are truely in the hospital I wish a speedy recovery. If not then I hope Karma kicks you while you are down! PEACE!

Gastric Sleeve Member bergamini's Avatar
    Name
    John
    Surgery date
    11/30/2012
    Surgeon
    Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    05-20-2020 10:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 174 Times
    Was Thanked 147 Times in 122 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 122 Times
    Blog Entries

My bank is very clear on when they will stop a cashier's check and usually it requires possession of it, or an affidavit that it was lost. I can guarantee you that my bank would never call a consulate and no doctor would speak to a bank about a stop payment to another doctor, so it's all suspicious to me. The Red Cross is not there for botched international medical procedures, they are a disaster relief operation and wouldn't get involved in something like this, especially in Mexico as most of their operations are in the US. This just doesn't add up to me. I do hope you are OK. However, so many parts of your story make no sense and are illogical, which causes me to disbelieve the main part, that you had a bad surgical outcome. I hope I'm wrong but right now it seems like you ripped off a doctor and then went out in public to defame him. That's a whole lot of bad juju coming your way. Again, too much of it is not believable on the face.

16. Said thanks:

Name
    Jill
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Oliak
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 569 Times in 561 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 195 Times

Well I hope more of the truth of this story comes out very soon. If you indeed do have medical problems, I hope they are resolved quickly. If this is all a scam, shame on you.

Start weight: 286 (8/28/12)
    Pre-op weight: 272 (10/22/12)
    Goal to weigh what my drivers license says: 225 (3/9/13)
    First goal weight: 199 (7/20/13)
    Second goal weight: 186 - 100 lbs lost ( )
    Third goal weight: 175 ( )
    Fourth goal weight: 150 ( )
    Final goal weight: remains to be seen

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolmamma73 View Post
    The simple answer is that a stop payment is NOT permitted on a cashier’s check, teller’s check, or certified check regardless of the reasoning behind it! Section 3.411 of the UCC imposes damages against a bank that wrongfully refuses to honor a cashier's, teller's or certified check or stops pay on one of those. You CAN re-issue these items after 90 days if a party gives you a declaration of loss under section 3.312, asserting that the item is lost, destroyed or stolen.
    Soooooo, then it was stopped two weeks prior to the surgery? Did she claim to have lost it but actually had it, they stopped payment on it and then she gave it to him?

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Speechless!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by NewMe82 View Post
    That is a complete lie and they know it the red cross and my mother covered my transportation costs and if you call the consulate they will confirm that. I am for at least three weeks and the dr just left again telling me I am lucky to be alive. I have the pictures and proof. Even the hospital here is confirming it was not done properly so believe who you want I was coming here as a warning period...As for the cashiers check it was purchased three days before coming down so that is a lie about the two weeks. Also the bank reversed it after speaking to the consulate and the drs here who told them it was a botch job.
    You said clearly "the bank reversed it". Meaning they did NOT get paid!!!! You are a nut case, and you have a wild imagination!!!
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gemini*eyes View Post
    Seriously... The bank would never get involved in making the decision to reverse or approve a transaction based on botched surgery. This is a crock! If that was the case then all of the people with botched jobs would get their money back and none of us would ever be worried about our money spent. As sure as heck no San Diego Dr is gonna get on the line with the bank and tell them to stop payment on your mexico surgery decision. LOL.. Thats too funny... I believe "if" she is in the hospital then something is wrong. However this crap about the cashiers check, I cannot take a side because Henry has no business giving information about another patient to anyone. Henry is only the go between to schedule the surgery and make sure its paid for. He has nothing to do with anything after that. He missed out on his percentage on this girl but I don't understand how anyone on this forum would really have the facts when it happened last night. I sure hope they don't give my information out to anyone on this forum that calls and asks. Just sayin'.. Im not defending someone fradulent at all. I just thought there was some patient Dr confidentiality so I question it all really.. All I know is that I hold my head high knowning I paid the Dr. his portion of what he deserves, the way it should be. She also said she would tell us all that went wrong. How botched can it be. ? The man is a fully qualified experienced surgeon in the bariatrics field. Things can go wrong, but botched? To cancel a cashiers check means going into the bank and handing it over to them and then getting your money back. There is no way she could be in possession of a REAL cashiers check that was cancelled two weeks ago, unless she said it was lost or stolen. Which she very well may have done. I read her prior posts and she backed up this Dr. to a point and even though I had surgery with him and I want to defend him, I have to believe something is wrong and that is why she is in fact in the ER or ICU. they dont just take in healthy people, you basically have to be dying. And I believe Henry confirmed to people on this forum she is in the hospital. Could Henry be lying? Do surgeons in the US give money back of the operation goes south. I think not!
    If she does NOT pay then is she still concidered a "patient"? I'm just saying, I don't think they would break patient/Dr confidentiality if she didn't rob them! In my opinion if you go into a store and buy something you are a customer, but if you buy nothing you are not. If you steal, you are just a thief? So should she have patient/Dr confidentiality? Obviously she came out of her "coma" long enough to post here and bad talk this Dr. Not only did she not pay for the surgery, but an extra $1000 for her complaints (even though the surgery went well). But she very well could be in a hospital, for after care??
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

22. Said thanks: