Dr. Hugh Houston
    Last Activity
    01-23-2016 02:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Default Countdown to surgery date!! (4 more days)!! OVERWHELMED BUT EXCITED

Hello,
    OVERWHELMED!! Just had my preop class about a week ago. Surgery is in 4 days!! Start clear liquid diet on Monday. Feelings of anxiety, nervous, excited, and not sure what to expect!! I CAN'T IMAGINE not "wanting" to eat??? I have just decided I can do this 1 day at a time!! The class made me feel like I could never remember how and what to do? I have anxiety about my family needing to eat and then me, who can have liquids but want to have what they are having?? I guess that's the "food for comfort" problem that I have!! Love to hear from those that relate?!?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member sarahjayne823's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sarah
    Surgery date
    08/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Bonnor
    Last Activity
    01-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 83 Times

Default Re: Countdown to surgery date!! (4 more days)!! OVERWHELMED BUT EXCITED

I'm right there with ya!! My surgery is Tuesday, August 7th. As I am a single, I can't relate with the family issues that you're talking about, but I can certainly sympathize with how hard it may be! I hope it's easier than you think!! Good luck! Update us with how you're doing!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SongBird74's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nathan Allison
    Last Activity
    04-23-2013 06:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ddlovett View Post
    Hello,
    OVERWHELMED!! Just had my preop class about a week ago. Surgery is in 4 days!! Start clear liquid diet on Monday. Feelings of anxiety, nervous, excited, and not sure what to expect!! I CAN'T IMAGINE not "wanting" to eat??? I have just decided I can do this 1 day at a time!! The class made me feel like I could never remember how and what to do? I have anxiety about my family needing to eat and then me, who can have liquids but want to have what they are having?? I guess that's the "food for comfort" problem that I have!! Love to hear from those that relate?!?
    Hi there,
    You will do just fine. Not knowing what to expect is always scarier than actually going through it. I can relate to having to do something different than your family. I actually had to do the pre-op liquid diet for 14 days!!! I didn't think I could do it, but by God's grace I did. I have not eaten a meal since 7/9/12 and I gotta tell ya, I don't miss it much. The one thing I am craving is bacon..:-) I still had to cook and prepare meals for my 10 yrs old son because I am a single parent. I thought it was going to be difficult, but it wasn't at all. I just kept my eyes on the prize, and it helped me stay focused.

You can do this!!!!! Good Luck.

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Holly
    Surgery date
    06/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Cuningham
    Said "Thanks" 97 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

It's not super easy but it is doable , the hunger in your head has more control than your actual hunger, you really won't be hungry, it's the smells when cooking and the desire of the food that gets you but you still have control keep things simple when cooking , keep up your fluids and proteins when they eat go outside or walk , I dd not have to bad of a time , I drooled some lol but got over it, tummy isn't ready for actual food that too will come

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/14/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bacal
    Last Activity
    09-26-2012 03:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Hi there. I had my first of two preop class last Thursday and I started my liquid diet yesterday, my surgery is in 9 days. I'm feeling some pains today. Body sorness and fatigue. The shakes are good but just knowing I am not going to be eating a real meal for a couple momths is a scary feeling. I had to go into the other room this morning when my boyfriend made breaksfast for my daughter and little cousins. Bacon never smelled better than it did today and I couldn't even have a bite. I wish you the best, many have gone through this before us and made it through so I know we can.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents