Surgeon
    Dr. Enochs
    Last Activity
    01-20-2015 08:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 121 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 432 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 1st real home cooked meal of soft food.....wonder how it will settle?

So tonight I made a meal specifically for my soft food needs, but that my whole family could enjoy. I made the squash & chicken casserole from Eggface's website. I do not think any of it was quite soft enough, but I chewed, chewed & chewed it all to smithereens!! It has been about 40 minutes and so far so good. Of course I could only eat about 1/4 cup but it was tasty. I mostly ate a few bites of chicken.
    The recipe was very good, and I only probably made a slightly larger casserole than the recipe called for just from using larger squash and about 3/4 cup more cheese. So definitely go to her website and check it out. HOWEVER....for anyone who is on soft foods I would wait another week or so for this one. Like I said I just really chewed the heck out of it because I do not want to hurt my new little tummy. Tomorrow I am 3 weeks post op & until this weekend my diet the past week as consisted of pureed tuna, chicken, & egg salad as well as scrambled egg & cottage cheese. Yesterday I was in a small town with really no restaurants to speak of, but my family and I stopped at a place that had bbq sandwiches and hot dogs and ice cream. Thankfully they had turkey bbq that was chopped very fine and I was able to have a few bites of this and it settled really well. For dinner the family ordered pepperoni pizzas so I ate the cheese topping and a little bit of the pepperoni that was very thin and soft & again I chewed the heck out of it. The dogs enjoyed the crust (which is typically my favorite part of the pizza). So these are the only variations to my above diet & of course I was a little concerned trying something new, and although it was soft and I chewed well I still felt like I was doing something wrong. This week is going to be more of my chicken, egg, and tuna salad meals at least for another week just because I am nervous about eating much other this soon.
    I am sure most of us have had these same anxieties when introducing new foods and I am just so darn scared of messing up my tummy, even though I am following the rules.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member maryhad2lambs's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garza
    Last Activity
    09-25-2017 03:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

Default Re: 1st real home cooked meal of soft food.....wonder how it will settle?

I love Eggface, I will have to look that recipe up.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Syn
    Last Activity
    08-23-2013 10:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 104 Times in 100 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 104 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1st real home cooked meal of soft food.....wonder how it will settle?

I think you are doing wonderfully right at this whole new sleeve life. Yea you!!