Dr. Christina G. Richards
    Last Activity
    09-07-2017 11:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 23 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Progress one month out

Well tomorrow has been one month since my surgery. Kind of hit a plateau for the past 2 week, I think a lot of it may have to do with my body just trying to catch up. And although I did not lose a single pound in 2 weeks I lost quite a few inches (4inches around my waist) which is still good news to me. When I got up this morning and weighed myself I lost one pound so I am hoping the plateau is over!!

I also wonder if maybe it had to do with moving to soft food then to solid foods. I will tell you what though, I have found that some of the reccomended foods just do not sit well at all with me. Like pork tenderloin. I have tried pork now 3 times and all three times I kept it down maybe 5 minutes max if I was lucky. I could not believe how horrible after I ate it.

Started back to the gym 3-5 days a week just doing light cardio until last week. I think I kind of over did it a bit and had to take this week off to recover. My stomach felt fine before and then I worked in the garden for about 3 hours and then went to the gym and did cardio for 25 min..I thought I was going to die the next day! The right side next to the one incision in my stomach hurt so bad!! Taking a few days off has reminded me that I cannot go back 100% just yet. lol Baby Steps!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lee Ann
    Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr James Davidson
    Last Activity
    10-23-2016 10:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 126 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Progress one month out

Thanks for speaking up on all this. I really want to know everything before surgery.
    “It’s not the mistakes in life that are important; it’s what we learn from them.” ~Donna Guthrie

Preop 17 pounds lost
    The rest is all surgery baby :-)
    My sleeve is my new best friend

Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are learning as you go and learning quickly at that! Glad things are going along well, you are moving about much better than most do at your stage, good for you. Some foods just will never go down well again. Some may someday. Like ground beef. Some can eat it at 6 or 8 weeks. Took me 8 months. Don't push any food that doesn't work for you even if it is on the ok list....
    be well
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

Gastric Sleeve Member aboutime4me's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Soong
    Last Activity
    09-15-2016 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 368 Times in 333 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on your 1 month surgiversary! This week-end will be 2 months for me and yes, it's a learning process all the way around. I must say all the foods I've tried so far, even though I haven't really been quite that adventurous have been ok for me. Knock on wood, I've yet to experience that over-full syndrome and regret after what I had eaten, if you know what I mean. I'm being extremely cautious, although I do tend to eat too quickly sometimes and I don't feel exactly great after I do...kinda not really sick to my stomach, but knowing I ate too quickly. At times it feels like it's stuck in the middle of my chest until a bit of time passes. All in all, I think we're doing great and I wish you continued success on your journey. Keep us posted.

Name
    Melissa
    Surgery date
    06/13/2012
    Surgeon
    Poplowski
    Said "Thanks" 431 Times
    Was Thanked 607 Times in 457 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 220 Times

So glad you are doing well! I was thinking about you! It's going slow for me but patience was never a strong point anyway! Lol. I made the mistake of walking outside at noon today and nearly passed out. I literally had to drink about 32 oz of water before I felt human again. Not a good thing, but like you said, a learning experience nonetheless!
    A person's a person, no matter how small! Dr. Suess

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Sonja
    Surgery date
    05/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Samuel Szomstein
    Last Activity
    12-10-2015 08:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 191 Times in 178 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 124 Times

Hey Surgery Partner! The scale hasnt moved much for me lately either but the inches are melting! I started swimming again yesterday and again today. I spend one hour in the pool doing laps on my noodle or water exercises...no matter what I am doing in the water, I keep moving!!! I feel really good after swimming and it is easy on my flubber! I am trying to tone up! I am walking my dog a little bit here and there also. Can you believe it's been a month already?? I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how you were!

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

You are doing well and stalls are a part of the process. The fact that you're losing inches while the weight loss stalls is great. This has not really happened for me.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center