03/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alfons Pomp
    Last Activity
    03-12-2013 11:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times

Default Can someone yell at me please???

So I looked at my ticker and it's actually been 60 days since my surgery and I've only lost 31 lbs. Don't get me wrong I am happy for the weight loss, and considering it's not the fight of my life that it's been in the past with diets, starvation, etc, I really can't complain. I also knew that I chose this surgery based on the fact that I did not want to restrict myself from every type of food just because of a surgery. But, I also knew that I wanted to make lifestyle changes that I thought I would have an easier time doing at this point. Granted, I eat much less; most of the time I eat slower, chew more etc. But, I really haven't done much exercising except for some walking here and there and my food choices aren't always the best. My mornings start out with a protein shake, or cereal which is usually pretty good but I will choose whole milk sometimes, or I will go for cheese and crackers for lunch rather than tuna. Or, worse of all if I want to have a taste of something bad (piece of cheesecake the other day), I do. I actually ate potato chips which didn't even make me feel full like other foods do. So, here I am knowing these are bad choices. It's not like I can really eat alot of anything, but my calories can't get wasted on this because it takes away from my protein. So, can someone yell at me and tell me to get my a__ on track or it's going to stay a fat a__ if I don't get it together?

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Default Re: Can someone yell at me please???

YELL! You know what you need to do. You already said it.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Gastric Sleeve Member Everdreamer's Avatar
    Name
    Gigi
    Surgery date
    06/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villareal
    Last Activity
    08-15-2016 08:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 68 Times in 62 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 19 Times
    Blog Entries

Don't focus on the scale.....stay away from it if you have to...remember that this is why we get depressed and then eat....throw it away if you have to and weigh yourself once every 2 weeks. 31 pounds is great....just think what you will be at in 6 months. Set your mind and thoughts on the bigger picture of lets say a year after surgery. Remember that results from surgery in patients who lose 50-60 lbs in 2 months are not typical. Every one is different and it also depends on your starting weight...people with more to lose will lose more in the beginning. Try to keep your focus on the new year!! it is only 7 months away! Buy yourself a beautiful dress and hang it where you can see it and make that your light at the end of the tunnel...be realistic of course...don't buy a size 0...lol so I am going to yell now like you asked: GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR AND GET RID OF THE SCALE!!! IT ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE WHEN YOU PLATEAU OR IF YOU GAIN A POUND OF H2O weight!! We are women! we fluctuate!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! STOP THE JUNK FOOD!!! lol ok...enough yelling...good luck to you...keep us posted!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jessica with a c
    Surgery date
    03/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alfons Pomp
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times

That was good Gigi...Just what I was looking for! Thanks

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 174 Times in 158 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 129 Times

I think it's ok to live a little, but you probably want to be more strict with yourself until you get closer to goal. You don't want to start the bad habits now, and have them develop and grow and fester. Start exercising and eat the protein first.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Monik
    Surgery date
    05/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Manuel Castro
    Last Activity
    09-03-2012 09:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Jessica, if there is a bariatric support group in your area, join it. They will really help out as far as good food choices and gettimg you back on track.

Name
    Holly
    Surgery date
    06/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Cuningham
    Said "Thanks" 97 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

You might want to look up burning calories in daily activities, find things that are fun, change things up doesn't have to be set in stone

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jessica with a c
    Surgery date
    03/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alfons Pomp
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ymthrash View Post
    Jessica, if there is a bariatric support group in your area, join it. They will really help out as far as good food choices and gettimg you back on track.
    Thanks. I am trying to look for one now.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jessica with a c
    Surgery date
    03/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alfons Pomp
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    You might want to look up burning calories in daily activities, find things that are fun, change things up doesn't have to be set in stone
    It's a poor excuse but I have the worse work schedule. I work from home and sit all day at a computer. I purposely walk to pick my daughter up from school and I am trying to reschedule my hours so I can get some time at the Y when she gets out during the summer -- so we are both there. I've never been high energy, but this is just ridiculous.

Name
    Monik
    Surgery date
    05/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Manuel Castro
    Last Activity
    09-03-2012 09:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you're doing good as far as your weigth loss. My doc told me I should loose an average of 15 lbs per month for the first few months, de[ending on your weight.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Michael Donovan
    Last Activity
    06-01-2012 06:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello Jessika,

I had my surgery on 22 March and I've lost 18kg (I think that is similar to you). Don't be so hard on yourself, you have lost weight permanently and not gained it for probably the first time in your life, WELL DONE!!!! It is also ok to enjoy a treat and I know that some days are harder than others. I think that if you are kind to yourself and enjoy what you eat and refuse to feel guilty; that you will find it comes off. The important thing is that you have gifted yourself this amazing journey; so now enjoy. If you lose too quickly, you will have more excess skin. Slowly, but surely wins the race. I am proud of you, be proud of yourself

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

I've lost that amount over about 10 weeks and I'm thrilled, overall. I was afraid I'd lose slower, and I do lose slow as a rule even though I exercise an hour+ every day. Once you start exercising and eating right you'll probably lose faster. Just think, you could always be losing SLOWER.

You know you shouldn't be eating cheesecake, and you know you need to exercise-just do more walking if nothing else. Also? They have support groups at night a lot of the time precisely b/c so many people work in the middle of the day.

Get to it! Don't sabotage yourslf!
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-15-2013 10:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 95 Times
    Was Thanked 44 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 56 Times
    Blog Entries

I would be happy to yell at you! RELAX! I am not saying your should not pay attention to what you are eating or exercise but you seem to be thinking way too much about it. For example the day you ate cheesecake what was your total calorie intake? I would be willing to bet that it was not very much. Honestly if I want cheesecake I eat cheesecake, I can only have about 1/2 a piece and I don't do it everyday but once I have had it I think to myself damn that was tasty and that is it, I don't think about it anymore. If I didn't eat it I would feel like I deprived myself of something and then I could not stop thinking about it. You are doing really well. 30 pounds is about what a 3 year old weighs look at yourself and ask where would I have kept a 3 year old.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

I agree with defocusing on the scale and refocusing on improving your habits. In the long run, it won't matter if you lose fast or slow, but the habits will make a big difference in long term success at keeping the weight off!

I had a lapband for many years, and after some initial success, did lousy with it. I lost 70# in a year and then regained after I had to have the fluid out. Part of it was the band isn't the best tool, but I played a role in it too. I don't mean to be an alarmist, but some of what you are describing is what contributed to my "less then stellar success" back in my lapband days. Good food choices, made the vast majority of the time, not just some/most of the time. Exercise is great, and really helps, but it won't get you there. I have been an obese exerciser for years - it is the food that needs to change and exercise is a support to that. Really really small portions. Smaller then seems logical! Plenty of fluid, protein first, don't drink while eating, don't graze, treat food as fuel, not as entertainment. Take your vitamins and just keep focusing on good health, good habits, small portions and the weight loss will follow at whatever pace is right for your body.
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

I too have a desk job. Working at home is a blessing because I have more "control" over my environment. I too have had to modify my life and make going to the gym a priority even when I would rather be doing something else.... I do horsey stuff and while it is good to be active, I need the more intense gym workouts too. I really would rather be out in the sun playing with the ponies, but several times a week I am at the gym instead. Again, these are choices I have made to try to maximize my transition to a new healthier me - I am somewhat "intense" about it all because I just refuse to fail again.

I was really just regaining energy at 6 weeks out. I guess you are more like 8 weeks out, great time to start ratcheting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jessika View Post
    It's a poor excuse but I have the worse work schedule. I work from home and sit all day at a computer. I purposely walk to pick my daughter up from school and I am trying to reschedule my hours so I can get some time at the Y when she gets out during the summer -- so we are both there. I've never been high energy, but this is just ridiculous.
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!