Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-28-2011 03:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Newbie on this community... 4 months post vertical gastric sleeve...

Hiyaa... I was all excited to find this community... there are some real doubts that I need to clear... I would be checking on the forum and be posting my queries and hope some experienced advices would flow by...

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member astrid101359's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kelley
    Surgery date
    06/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mark Takata
    Last Activity
    02-22-2017 01:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 94 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times

Default Re: Newbie on this community... 4 months post vertical gastric sleeve...

Welcome to the group; I am a newbie also. You will find a lot of answers here and many kind people.

Kelley
    Kelley

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    05-03-2011 08:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 134 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 106 Times

Default Re: Newbie on this community... 4 months post vertical gastric sleeve...

I had my surgery Dec 9th. I can honestly say now I am doing well. I eat around 800-900 calories a day and watch my protein, carbs, fats. I have lost about 40 lbs. What are some of your doubts?

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-28-2011 03:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi All,

Thank you all for a very warm welcome... I feel at home already...

Start weight as of August 2010 : 92 Kgs (202.4 lbs) BMI : 38 (Suffered from type 2 diabetes, hyper tension, insulin resistance, PCOS)
    Surgery Date : 19-Nov-2010
    Weight as on the date of surgery : 88.8 Kgs (194.4 lbs)
    Weight post surgery (during discharge) : 85.8 Kgs (188.76 lbs)
    Weight as of today (19-March-2011) exactly 4 months post surgery : 70.5 Kgs (155.1 lbs)
    Total Weight loss post surgery : 18.3 Kgs (40.26 lbs)

Well it does look significant when I give you all the overall picture... however, my weight loss has come to a stand still since the last one month and the change is that I changed countries and am now living in the UK... However, I watch on what I eat and my carb intake... and try walking as much as possible... however, seems like my scales hate me... I have been always weighing 70.5 + or - 200 grams since the last one month... am I doing anything wrong here???

I now realize that my tummy can actually withstand more quantity of food than before.. I am scared that my tummy has expanded... is that possible??? Rather, it has become tolerable to soda

As advised by my surgeon, I have been taking my proteins and multi-vitamin suppliments... though I have been a good gal in this department, I have been losing loads of hair off my scalp... Every time I wash my hair, I spend an extra half an hour to clean my shower to remove my hair from clogging the drains... any suggestions here!!!

My husband and I are planning to get pregnant... and my surgeon did suggest that I would have to wait for at-least one year post surgery... would I be able to lose the pregnancy weight easily??? what precautions should I take before and after I become pregnant???

Thank you all again in advance for any suggestions/advise that you might post... appreciate any help...