Surgeon
    Dr Peter Rantis
    Last Activity
    11-23-2013 07:07 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Default Surgery is coming up ver soon!

My surgery is scheduled for the 21st and this liquid diet is so hard, I really feel like I just need something to chew and chewing gum just makes me hungry. I am lost almost 10lbs so far so I doing good but I do have to admit that I have cheated on this diet. I had lap band surgery in 2007 and I don't remember it being this hard, but it probably was.

As this surgery gets closer I am starting to get really nervous and I don't even know why. I had lap band surgery in 2007 and just had my gall bladder removed in November all by the same surgeon so I know he is good and I trust him but I guess nerves is to be expected when you really don't know what to expect afterwards. I know I am making the right decision to have this done I just hope that all goes well.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Leyton. Keesler AFB
    Last Activity
    06-08-2013 11:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 131 Times
    Was Thanked 162 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times

Default Re: Surgery is coming up ver soon!

I Know what you mean about the liqd diet. I am worrying myself right off the wagon so to speak. So afraid I "can't" do it I am not even giving myself a chance. Had my pizza binge this evening and done with that as pizza WAS my true love in my emotional state. Bbut now gearing up for my healthy state and put all that behind me. I laughed telling my husband with everything I am putting " behind" me my "behind" is going to be twice as big after the surgery than it is now! Lol. Have to make jokes to keep feeling positive!

Keep in touch......I am looking at surgery in about a month so going to gear up for protein shakes!

Gastric Sleeve Member me1issa80's Avatar
    Name
    Melissa
    Surgery date
    04/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Peter Rantis
    Last Activity
    11-23-2013 07:07 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Well when I had lap band surgery I could still eat while taking the protein shakes but that is not the case with this surgery and i really didn't find that out until the day I had to start the shakes and god I know this sounds horrible but I would have ate so much more knowing I wasn't going to be able to have it for such a long time.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-27-2011 12:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

i am struggling with pre-op food so much right now. I was supposed to have been on it all last week and i was every "day" but then when night came around i couldn't quell the voice saying 'one last time'. I have 18 days till my surgery and i just have to do it - but sheese its difficult. I was perfect yesterday and have been today also. (ignoring the biscuit it put in my mouth only to find the strength at the last minute to spit it out, I just have to keep it up and not find another excuse to fail....

the dietician told me a horror story of someone who didn't follow the pre op diet properly and so her liver didn't shrink. When the doc saw the size of her liver, he put a halt to the surgery - if this happens to me I don't know what the stronger emotion would be: humiliation, anger (at myself), self loathing, embarrassment,, etc etc etc. I am trying to use my ability to imagine this scenario, as aversion therapy whenever I pass the fridge!

Hope your surgery went well Melissa

6. Said thanks:

Name
    sam
    Surgery date
    02/16/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jawad and Dr. Rosenthal
    Last Activity
    03-06-2014 05:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Everything will be ok!! Just think about the reason behind this process which Is to shrink your liver for surgery so it won't crack in half when your surgeon moves it to the side. That vision always kept me going. And also the idea that if you cheat your only cheating on yourself.
    Be positive I know it hard because it was hard for me and I cheated also don't think I was perfect. I cheated with little things though like a slice of ham, some peanuts.
    However towards the last week I was very faithful.
    Good luck. Think positive. You can do it

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-27-2011 12:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Thanks for the image Sam - i had been trying to use the humiliation disappointment etc that i would feel and i forgot about the medical reason being to save my liver! (not sure if it would actually be possible for it to crack open but its a very good image to use!)