Dr. Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    05-08-2012 09:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Default sleeved 02/22/2012 with Dr. F Garcia

Dr. Garcia and his staff is wonderful. I was the last of 4 on 02/22/12 to have my surgery. I was very nervous.... The staff calmed me Dr Garcia gave something to relax. I knew the surgery would be ok when I had gotten there seen some other patients that had already had their surgery up walking and laughing like they hadnt even had surgery so that eased my mind about the surgery.... But i looked around at my surrounding because of everything that was said about the place. But it was nice clean I had a friend with me we were given a room with two beds which was very comfortable.They explained to my friend what was gonna happen and that she could see me when I get to recovery Dr. garcia ask my friend would she want to take a picture of my stomach that was removed but my friend couldnt so Dr. Garcia and staff took the pic for me because I wanted to see so I have those on camera.I went into surgery and when I woke up from surgery I seen my friend they told me to wave and before I fell back to sleep I remember asking did I have surgery because I didnt feel no pain no soreness on my stomach or nothing. I just felt really really sleepy. So the next time I woke it was back in my room and they told me I will walk soon and I told them I was ready now....so me and my friend was up I went and checked on my other conrads that had surgery they were doing good I think one person had more gas than the rest of us.... I had mild gas so mild I wouldnt even call it that.....But from then on I had no pain or gas one bout of nausea but that was from the meds they quickly fixed that... me and the other ladies were all walking with our iv poles talking and laughing I called us the rollaway crew. We was always on the move. i even checked on the new people that was going into surgery the next day letting them know not to worry....it was good to give people comfort like i was given when I got there... We went for our leak test the stuff was nasty but I was able to take it didnt make me want to puke...... my room was cozy i enjoyed my stay there the nurses even thou some couldnt speak english they came in like clock work to check on me and when I pushed my call button they was there before I could get comfortable again. they treated me with top notch grade A treatment. I was so afriad to get the drain out because I had a drain in my ankle when I had broke it and it hurt coming out so I was really scared but the Doctor she said dont worry it wont hurt hold my arm and take a deep breathe and i will pull it out I was squeezing the poor woman and she pulled and it didnt even hurt after that I was like man this was a breeze I was walking with out my Iv and drain....my last day Dr. garcia came in gave me his phone number a US number said if I had any questions are needed anything call or email which ever I prefered explain to me about the paperwork and the test that they put on cd for me I even took a picture with him he is a very sweet and soft spoken man...Our driver picks us up took us back to the Marroitt of Tijuana and that hotel is nice very clean smelled good we even walked to the store across the street kind of hard b/c traffic was packed Me and the other ladies also went shopping after returning to the hotel we were gone all day they spoke spanish so we were ok I felt perfectly safe and wasnt worried about anything. DR Garcia and MI-Hospital is top notch to me.... Im glad I choose him as my surgeon. Im thinking about traveling back just so he can do my check up. And not to mention my friend is a germaphobe and even she was impressed with the service and want to have the surgery with Dr Garcia. If she liked it I know it was ok cuz she dont like nothing she think everybody is nasty....but she didnt complain one time but when we got to San Diego we stay there a day so we could sitesee and mind you I walked all day she didnt like the hotel wouldnt even lay in the bed but it had a 4 star rating she told I did good with Dr Garcia but bad with the hotel in San Diego....lol Since surgery I have lost 16 pounds . I have posted video of mi hospital and mariott hotel on you tube under.....andkel30..... not the best but my friend was useless on the video so I did it ...but you can see the hospital and hotel.....Sorry so long......oh and Melisa and Rosie was the best they checked us when we got there checked on us at the hotel every day even brought us a lil gift from bath and body works.......I loved my experience every bit of it

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Patching
    Last Activity
    01-20-2014 09:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 62 Times in 50 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

Default Re: sleeved 02/22/2012 with Dr. F Garcia

We had the same great experience with Dr. Garcia and his staff at Hospital Mi Doctor. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Rhonda
    Surgery date
    11/14/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia Govea
    Last Activity
    11-30-2014 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 99 Times
    Was Thanked 106 Times in 81 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times

Default Re: sleeved 02/22/2012 with Dr. F Garcia

I had a great experience with Dr. Garcia too! Since November 14, have lost 72lbs. Just love my sleeve. No problems, he did a fine job!!