Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Last Activity
    10-20-2010 04:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default I feel like binging

I feel like binging sometimes but I know I really shouldn't. Just reading others stories about their troubles makes me think about desserts and sweet foods. How does everyone cope with it? I feel like I can give the advice to support others but when it comes to myself its easier said than done.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/06/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr Gregory Nolan
    Last Activity
    03-15-2014 08:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Smile Binging

The best advice I have had is to stop thinking "diet" by a dietician. I was a terrible chocoholic. Since my sleeve op in April this year, I continue to eat small amounts of whatever I fancy/can and have still lost 23 kgs. If I overdo it I will likely be sick so that stops me! I also had to see a psychologist as part of the surgery and she assessed me for eating disorders and helped with emotional triggers for eating problems. I would recommend this if possible. I also tell myself "nothing tastes as good as feeling slim" which helps. I refuse to let food control me anymore! Good luck!
    Susan

Last Activity
    03-12-2014 01:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

Default Re: I feel like binging

G'day Graham,

Good advice from Susan. One thing about the urge to binge is that you can't. So even if you succumb to the urge, you can only eat a little of the wrong food. Several years ago I amongst all the different diets I tried, one was the Atkins. I have a sweet tooth but with Atkins, no sweets were allowed. After only 3 weeks without a single sweet, the urge was no longer there. Like all the diets we've tried that situation was only temporary but I was still surprised how quickly the urge disappeared. Now, I plan when I can have my favourite sweet. So even when the urge hits it is easier to manage because I know that on certain days at a certain time I will be able to have my special treat and it seems to take the pressure off. When I can't resist the urge to binge I start with a glass of water. After that I try a small hand full of nuts (macadamia and cashews) and then I'm pretty well full and can't binge even though the feeling is still there.

cheers

Grover
    VSG: Good Decision, Good Health, Good Result, No Regrets.

6. Said thanks:

Last Activity
    03-29-2024 03:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2,088 Times
    Was Thanked 1,538 Times in 442 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16,633 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I feel like binging

Thats good advice, get yourself full when you start to feel the urge to binge.

8. Said thanks: